I Love Fred

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He is wonderful and kind and oh, so generous. I wish he could be our President!!! I am so lucky to work for him, even if he stole my porridge and fired Momma Bear when she blew out her knee.

Goldilocks

He is wonderful and kind and oh, so generous. I wish he could be our President!!! I am so lucky to work for him, even if he stole my porridge and fired Momma Bear when she blew out her knee.

MrFedEx, I want you to do me a Big Favor. Lay on your back, now I N H A L E.... now E X H A L E...Feeling a little better now, more relaxed? Good, so " WHY FOOL AROUND WITH ANYONE ELSE" Fred never stole my porridge, but has always kept my bowl full. Momma Bear never blew out her knees because she learned how to lift properly lift 1.jpg
lift 1.jpg

Glorifiedpackmule

7 years here. The company you work for and the company I work for are worlds apart. I can't speak for the rest of the Fedexs on this forum.. But I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of us feel we have been lied to and cheated. We are all here for the same reason.. A pay check. That that being said...There are two classes of couriers at this company.. Those who are topped out and those who will NEVER be. The rich and the poor. Winners and losers. I see why you have such a chipper outlook for your job and I respect that to a point. You are well compensated for your hard work. Most us are not fairly compensated for our hard work. Some of us are dangerously close to living in poverty.

Glorifiedpackmule

I wish I considered myself to be in that group. This is not the company I thought I was going to work for. If I would of been told as a new hire that it would take me over 30 years to hit top pay... I would have left during the interview and never looked back. I was looking forward to a career with a good company. This is just a Job.

bbsam

Staff member
But only so many can be in your position. And the buy in price is too steep for most.

Granted. I bought in when nobody else wanted in. The investment is paying off. Lucky? Desperate? Probably both with a smidge of talent and alot of hard work before, during, and after shift. I'd say that's a fairly standard recipe for winning.

vantexan

Granted. I bought in when nobody else wanted in. The investment is paying off. Lucky? Desperate? Probably both with a smidge of talent and alot of hard work before, during, and after shift. I'd say that's a fairly standard recipe for winning.

Working out nicely for you, but in effect you are saying all your drivers are losers. When you bought in probably most people weren't even aware of the opportunity. Now that your drivers have come onboard they'll never have the opportunity you did as they don't make enough and rts cost more. So in your mind you are a winner which logically makes them losers. It's this mindset that's so prevalent among FedEx mgmt. Over the years the best mgrs by far were the ones with a servant mentality. They succeeded by doing everything they could to assist you and made you feel like an important part of the operation. They are few and far between.

Goldilocks

7 years here. The company you work for and the company I work for are worlds apart. I can't speak for the rest of the Fedexs on this forum.. But I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of us feel we have been lied to and cheated. We are all here for the same reason.. A pay check. That that being said...There are two classes of couriers at this company.. Those who are topped out and those who will NEVER be. The rich and the poor. Winners and losers. I see why you have such a chipper outlook for your job and I respect that to a point. You are well compensated for your hard work. Most us are not fairly compensated for our hard work. Some of us are dangerously close to living in poverty.

I respect your views and you comments. The Topout situation needs to be addressed. But, I simply cannot understand why you would allow yourself to stay in your current position if you are "dangerously close to living in poverty." Fedex offers many opportunities to grow. You must challenge yourself for Change. Become an Swing Driver or a Manager. It's there right in front of you. But it will not be handed to you on a silver platter. Look at JCATS and see what other job is out there for you. It makes me sick to think that many have become complacent with their current jobs and cannot see outside of the box. We have a couple of guys at our Station that took swing positions and are working tons of hours. They drive better cars than I do. How have you been lied to and cheated?

bbsam

Staff member
Working out nicely for you, but in effect you are saying all your drivers are losers. When you bought in probably most people weren't even aware of the opportunity. Now that your drivers have come onboard they'll never have the opportunity you did as they don't make enough and rts cost more. So in your mind you are a winner which logically makes them losers. It's this mindset that's so prevalent among FedEx mgmt. Over the years the best mgrs by far were the ones with a servant mentality. They succeeded by doing everything they could to assist you and made you feel like an important part of the operation. They are few and far between.
Not really. Day laborer put things in terms of winning and losing. Make up your own criteria.

Ricochet1a

In 2010 when I was making my futile attempt at organizing at the station I was at and surrounding stations, I ran into her "type" more than I cared to. They exist for a reason, to help dilute the wage employee pool just enough so that Fred never has to worry about a real unionizaion drive.

In most companies, it is the high tenure employees which usually form the "leadership" of any organization drive - in Express, most of them are either too worried that they'll lose what they have gained over the years - or that they'll actually have to start working again for whatever small gain THEY'D receive as a result of organization. Most won't come right out and admit it, but when they're pressed, they will admit something to the effect, "I've got mine, best of luck in getting yours". That sentiment is more widespread than most would believe.

This has been a deliberate effort of Express, to create divisions among the wage crafts so that any attempt at solidarity is doomed - due to the self-interest of those who are topped out. They tend to be worried about really having to "work" again, for what would be a "minor" gain in compensation - the honest ones will admit to that. They know that if Express really wanted to play hardball, they could end up being put on a route that a 20-something struggles with, and they'd end up in physical therapy if they had to do it for a month.

When one has NO OPTIONS outside of the one Fred has given them, they aren't about to start rocking the boat and asking for more compensation - many know they'd end up out of a job within a few months due to their inability to handle those "monster" routes (and for the CSAs, have to constantly staff the counter instead of being able to hide in the back talking on their cell phone to their "buds"). Best to sing the praises of Fred, kiss his boots and tell all those around just how great Express really is.

The UPS-ers are talking about how there will be a two level compensation scheme in their next contact negotiation (divided between the old and new, with lower compensation for the "new")... Well, in Express, that has existed for well over a decade now. What took UPS so long to learn Fred's methods???

It is actually beneficial to the forum here to have someone with her point of view posting - so those at the bottom (and who will stay at the bottom for as long as they are with Express) can see just how out of touch those at the top of progression are. It also demonstrates how indifferent those who have been with Express for over 20 years are to those who have been with Express for less than 5 years and are making (in real terms) just the same or even less than they did their first day as a Courier - despite the fact that those with 20+ years in topped out in under 2 years.

If they were paid at the same rate as those with under 10 years in are getting paid, they wouldn't be kissing Fred's boots - they'd be complaining too. The difference is, they AREN'T getting paid what those with under 10 years in are getting paid, and are at the point where they don't want to risk what THEY have. So in their mind, the low progression employees who didn't get as good of a deal they got 20+ years ago are left to fend for themselves - but Fred is really swell, he'll take care of you (just like he is taking care of those "helpers" in Ground who get his volume delivered - they are getting taken care of)...

They got theirs, best of luck in getting yours...

Goldilocks

I did reply to your post.

Glorifiedpackmule

Yes. I sincerely believe that we've got two distinct classes of people at Express right now. People with the mentality of " life is good, I've got mine" and then the rest of that are supposed to take our 3% raises and shut our mouths.

Ricochet1a

Fedex offers many opportunities to grow.

OMG!!!!!!!!! She got hers...

How have you been lied to and cheated?

I was cheated out of a pension in 2008 for starters - but you managed to get yours....

I did fend for myself and got the hell out of Express - how's that for "change". If I had stayed as a wage employee, I WOULD be living in poverty now. I wasn't going to sell my soul to Fred for a slight boost in compensation, so I threw JCATS in the trash and got the hell out.

Goldilocks

In 2010 when I was making my futile attempt at organizing at the station I was at and surrounding stations, I ran into her "type" more than I cared to. They exist for a reason, to help dilute the wage employee pool just enough so that Fred never has to worry about a real unionizaion drive.

In most companies, it is the high tenure employees which usually form the "leadership" of any organization drive - in Express, most of them are either too worried that they'll lose what they have gained over the years - or that they'll actually have to start working again for whatever small gain THEY'D receive as a result of organization. Most won't come right out and admit it, but when they're pressed, they will admit something to the effect, "I've got mine, best of luck in getting yours". That sentiment is more widespread than most would believe.

This has been a deliberate effort of Express, to create divisions among the wage crafts so that any attempt at solidarity is doomed - due to the self-interest of those who are topped out. They tend to be worried about really having to "work" again, for what would be a "minor" gain in compensation - the honest ones will admit to that. They know that if Express really wanted to play hardball, they could end up being put on a route that a 20-something struggles with, and they'd end up in physical therapy if they had to do it for a month.

When one has NO OPTIONS outside of the one Fred has given them, they aren't about to start rocking the boat and asking for more compensation - many know they'd end up out of a job within a few months due to their inability to handle those "monster" routes (and for the CSAs, have to constantly staff the counter instead of being able to hide in the back talking on their cell phone to their "buds"). Best to sing the praises of Fred, kiss his boots and tell all those around just how great Express really is.

The UPS-ers are talking about how there will be a two level compensation scheme in their next contact negotiation (divided between the old and new, with lower compensation for the "new")... Well, in Express, that has existed for well over a decade now. What took UPS so long to learn Fred's methods???

It is actually beneficial to the forum here to have someone with her point of view posting - so those at the bottom (and who will stay at the bottom for as long as they are with Express) can see just how out of touch those at the top of progression are. It also demonstrates how indifferent those who have been with Express for over 20 years are to those who have been with Express for less than 5 years and are making (in real terms) just the same or even less than they did their first day as a Courier - despite the fact that those with 20+ years in topped out in under 2 years.

If they were paid at the same rate as those with under 10 years in are getting paid, they wouldn't be kissing Fred's boots - they'd be complaining too. The difference is, they AREN'T getting paid what those with under 10 years in are getting paid, and are at the point where they don't want to risk what THEY have. So in their mind, the low progression employees who didn't get as good of a deal they got 20+ years ago are left to fend for themselves - but Fred is really swell, he'll take care of you (just like he is taking care of those "helpers" in Ground who get his volume delivered - they are getting taken care of)...

They got theirs, best of luck in getting yours...

Cheap shot, I respected your views, not this one. Please read what I wrote him,
I respect your views and you comments. The Topout situation needs to be addressed. But, I simply cannot understand why you would allow yourself to stay in your current position if you are "dangerously close to living in poverty." Fedex offers many opportunities to grow. You must challenge yourself for Change. Become an Swing Driver or a Manager. It's there right in front of you. But it will not be handed to you on a silver platter. Look at JCATS and see what other job is out there for you. It makes me sick to think that many have become complacent with their current jobs and cannot see outside of the box. We have a couple of guys at our Station that took swing positions and are working tons of hours. They drive better cars than I do. How have you been lied to and cheated?

Glorifiedpackmule

Btw... Just to clear up any confusion I give a 100% effort to this screwed up company.. I am a hard working guy trying to support a family on 450 dollars a week. I just wanted to get that out there in case anyone thought i was just another lazy idiot. Thanks FedEx.