I LOVE IT!

wornoutupser

Peak is so sucessful this year that we still had 18 drivers out at 8:00PM and we still have drivers on layoff!
GO ATLANTA!!

(Thanks for the space to rant Cheryl)

whiskey

I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Hard to have a close knit family when Dad's not home. But the kids will get a lot of "stuff" on Christmas day. And isn't that what Christmas is all about? Stuff?

finaddict

I especially love the way pkg drivers are forced to take helpers and wok them a few hrs a day so they don't quit and all the independant truckers pulling loads while feeder drivers are delivering pkgs due to a "lack of volume" or slinging pallets (cleaning out trailers). At the same time, feeders going into certain east coast hubs last night were staged in an overflow area waiting to be called onto the yard due to congestion.

Big Babooba

I especially love the way pkg drivers are forced to take helpers and wok them a few hrs a day so they don't quit and all the independant truckers pulling loads while feeder drivers are delivering pkgs due to a "lack of volume" or slinging pallets (cleaning out trailers). At the same time, feeders going into certain east coast hubs last night were staged in an overflow area waiting to be called onto the yard due to congestion.

I have a wok, but have never fixed helpers before......are they good?
Here's a recipe you DON"T have Moreluck.

Heat up your wok and add some sesame oil. Throw in one helper. Add some oyster sauce and mix in water chestnuts, bean sprouts and bok choy. After a minute add an egg , shi itake mushrooms and baby corns. Serve over rice.:happy-very:

Stran

Holy Toledo
We are forcing helpers on bonus drivers in the AM. Then telling the drivers we can't find you a helper at meet time. Great start to PEAK here!!!

over9five

Staff member
Today I delivered one trailer to a gypsy. Not a trailer just dropped in a yard somewhere, I actually parked it so a gypsy who was waiting for it could take it. AND there were 4 other gypsies waiting for loads, and a Swift tractor passed me going out with a greybox.

I then returned to my own building where my next leg was canceled. Many legs were canceled (because gypsies are doing our work). There were at least 20 of us shifting in the yard. Probably needed 12. I even had to wait for a shifter after lunch. BORING day with 20 people shifting. Punched out with exactly 8 hrs.

I'm really p/o about this.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
50 drivers
42 on a route
4 asked to go home
4 worked as helpers
22 helpers both inside and out.
Last driver off the clock 810pm.

Keeping my fingers crossed........