I love this job

Dumbo

3rd year rate and will easily make $90k this year. Boy just had a $400 medical bill that we paid $9 for. I get to work outside and get all that vitamin D to keep the corvid at bay, fresh air, no micromanaging, stay in shape. Wife gets to stay home and raise the kids.

Work at a fair, safe pace in the fresh air and make all the money with free healthcare. It's surprising that so many people complain. And now winter is coming which is 100x better than the heat. I love it.

Dumbo

That's actually where I'm at. I love winter. You can always dress for it. I have these old thick polar fleece pants from the Air Force that I put under my uniform pants and even last year when the post office closed due to our -50 temps I was sweating.

Dumbo

Dude you have no idea what micromanaging is. Try working next to your sups all day. That's the reality of most jobs. At UPS you deal with them in the morning and then do your route. Maybe a message every once in a while.

Dumbo

That’s good that you appreciate it now but give it a year or 2 and you’ll be complaining with the rest

I think a big part of it is that so many people don't take care of themselves. Take care of your mind and body and this job will only help you stay in shape. Don't drink during the week and stay hydrated, eat well. I'm in my late 40s and have worked hard for 25 years and I feel younger than when I was 20.

Johney

Dude you have no idea what micromanaging is. Try working next to your sups all day. That's the reality of most jobs. At UPS you deal with them in the morning and then do your route. Maybe a message every once in a while.
You do realize they are watching you all day long on a computer screen right, and when you screw up...and you will be it no fault of yours or not come back and talk to us that have been here a while.

freehoodies

You do realize they are watching you all day long on a computer screen right, and when you screw up...and you will be it no fault of yours or not come back and talk to us that have been here a while.

Right now they are just grateful that drivers are still showing up. Just make sure you aren’t the one on their radar and you will be fine.

Some guys instantly get defensive and make it an ego battle with management (not just UPS, ive seen this everywhere). People won’t even let someone get the last word in a facebook argument, a manager whos already pissed because he makes less than you? They will make it their life mission to mess with you.

Dumbo

Of course I know that. Just do what they want you to do in a safe way and who cares. I never get spoken to about my telematics. You still get paid by the hour no matter what they tell you to do. If you actually screw up then just own it like a man and no problem, although I haven't had that issue yet. Move at a nice fluid safe pace and there are no issues.

If you think you're micromanaged in this job than you haven't worked many other places. There is only so much they can do when you're in a truck by yourself all day.

Dumbo

Right now they are just grateful that drivers are still showing up. Just make sure you aren’t the one on their radar and you will be fine.

Some guys instantly get defensive and make it an ego battle with management (not just UPS, ive seen this everywhere). People won’t even let someone get the last word in a facebook argument, a manager whos already pissed because he makes less than you? They will make it their life mission to mess with you.

That's the key. Stay off the radar. I come in and do my :censored2:. I don't brownnose, I don't bitch, I just do it and if I have an issue I just message it in.

Dumbo

You’re an old newbie here, they don’t want you to get injured and go on comp so you probably do a cake route.
🧔✊
Oh no. I go out with some :censored2:ty routes all the time. But y'all may be right also. It's only been a few years. Honestly though the veterans I see seem to have the same attitude I do. Take it all with a grain of salt. Stop trying to run UPS. You know what you are getting into when you sign up so it's all in your attitude.