I Might have set a UPS record!

Jim Kemp

Good for you.

What did your Local do, to honor the achievement ?

A Teamster watch, jacket, or a plaque ?

I have a valid question. (in reference to post #26)

Did you ever schedule a vacation.... and then work it ?

-Bug-
The local hasn't done anything but it's only been a week. As for the vacation thing; I never ever worked a day of my vacation. Not one day. Why do you ask that?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The local hasn't done anything but it's only been a week.

My Local kind of prides itself on recognizing the achievement and I would be

personally remiss, if there wasn't some sort of recognition.

As for the vacation thing; I never ever worked a day of my vacation. Not one day. Why do you ask that?

I was just curious, because of your post about trying to boost your 401K

towards the end of your career. It happens.... where high seniority guys will

schedule prime weeks, and then work them, effectively bumping junior guys

out of a week they could have had. That's all.

Again, good for you and congratulations.

With this thread.... you have made a lot of members jealous. ;)

-Bug-

Over 70

What kind of shape are you in?

giphy (44).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I retired last week with almost 39 years of service. In all that time I was never given a warning letter. I had a couple of "Talk with" but it never went any further than that. Was I just lucky or sneaky?
Maybe luck or you had a good route? It also helps to have screw ups in the center that take heat off you.

Jim Kemp

-Bug-
If I had a vacation scheduled and didn't have something planned I would switch with a junior driver that needed it for something. Last year I even had a junior dr that needed a certain week off so I took it and switched with him later to ensure that he would have it. But working through a vacation! No way!I valued my time off. My wife and I traveled the world while I was driving and now I'm going to travel even more.

Jim Kemp

Maybe luck or you had a good route? It also helps to have screw ups in the center that take heat off you.
I thought my entire career,seems supervisors were always attracted to shinny objects. If another driver was screwing up it would take the attention off of me and we had plenty of drivers that would do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had a vacation scheduled and didn't have something planned I would switch with a junior driver that needed it for something. Last year I even had a junior dr that needed a certain week off so I took it and switched with him later to ensure that he would have it. But working through a vacation! No way!I valued my time off. My wife and I traveled the world while I was driving and now I'm going to travel even more.

Did you do the right thing and ask every driver between you and the junior driver if any of them wanted that week?

Shiftless

I'm ok for 62 years old. A little porky and a few pains but nothing that will slow me down yet and I still have all my hair.

I just turned 62 and look at us, we are both retired! YEE HA! Altho I retired 12.5 years ago, you got me thinking???? Was I ever written up? I guess I would have to say no! I was told I would be fired a few times!
Hard to fire a driver who really understands the phrase "WAD" ! Probably the only reason I wasn't fired multiple times!

Would you agree being a driver today is a Little different, Somewhat different or Very different than thru the say late 70's and 80's at the beginning of your tenure as a driver to when you just retired last week.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I just turned 62 and look at us, we are both retired! YEE HA! Altho I retired 12.5 years ago, you got me thinking???? Was I ever written up? I guess I would have to say no! I was told I would be fired a few times!
Hard to fire a driver who really understands the phrase "WAD" ! Probably the only reason I wasn't fired multiple times!

Would you agree being a driver today is a Little different, Somewhat different or Very different than thru the say late 70's and 80's at the beginning of your tenure as a driver to when you just retired last week.
No comparison

-Bug-
They usually get a watch and some other gifts here.

W

What The Hawk?

I retired last week with almost 39 years of service. In all that time I was never given a warning letter. I had a couple of "Talk with" but it never went any further than that. Was I just lucky or sneaky?
I can't do an odd number year it would bug me. I would have to go for 40 years. lol But congrats, I get to retire soon too...in 30+ years!