I must be racist

klein

Für Meno :)
Not sure if this story is supposed to make people happy or upset.... guess you can decide

I seen that story on CNN actually, and they showed all the closed shops, that are now for sale or for lease.
Oh well.
Up to $100 Billion in lost revenue for Arizona they estimated.

Sometimes, what you ask for can be regretable ?

Either way a problem to deal with.

rod

Retired 22 years
I seen that story on CNN actually, and they showed all the closed shops, that are now for sale or for lease.
Oh well.

I find it hard to believe that figure. 100 BILLION--come on -get real

wkmac

I find it hard to believe that figure. 100 BILLION--come on -get real

I'd agree. Looking at 2004' GDP data on Arizona alone in that year alone (for the year total) the GDP for the State was only $182 billion and in 2010' the economy is down so I'll say Arizona GDP now is guesstimated at $250 billion which I still think could be high. Regardless, Arizona passed their law a few months ago and now in that time they've lost what it would take nearly half a year to generate? Besides if illegal aliens had that big of a positive economic impact, there'd be a civil war between the individual states trying to get the illlegals to come stay at their house! I can see an economic impact but it's full range will take several years of data to judge whether it's a pro or con from an economic impact standpoint.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh well.

CNN sees some closed shops and automatically thinks its all about a state law that has not yet started. Hello, were in a recession.
I see signs like that everyday, including in sanctuary cities.

bbsam

Staff member
What's that giant sucking sound? Money leaving the state of Arizona. I'll agree 100 billion seems quite a bit off, but I would say there is an economic fallout to this. You can't have 100,000 people leave and have local economies not feel the hit. No more sales tax from those folks to the state.

UPSAOT

What's that giant sucking sound? Money leaving the state of Arizona. I'll agree 100 billion seems quite a bit off, but I would say there is an economic fallout to this. You can't have 100,000 people leave and have local economies not feel the hit. No more sales tax from those folks to the state.

Yeah, but also no more food stamps, free health care, free school breakfast/lunch, etc.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its my understanding that very few if any of the illegals actually pay any income taxes (those that work did it for cash) but they sure were in line for all the government hand outs. More power to Airizona for standing up and saying enough is enough but actually all it will accomplish is make the illegals venture on to another state. Look out Kalifornia, New Mexico. and Texas----here they come.

bbsam

Staff member
Its my understanding that very few if any of the illegals actually pay any income taxes (those that work did it for cash) but they sure were in line for all the government hand outs. More power to Airizona for standing up and saying enough is enough but actually all it will accomplish is make the illegals venture on to another state. Look out Kalifornia, New Mexico. and Texas----here they come.
The talking point is that 46% of Americans don't pay income tax anyway. Everyone pays sales tax, gasoline taxes, etc.

klein

Für Meno :)
There is also that bumerrang effect.
It effects the legal spanish there. That own specialty resturants or food stores and more.
Some will or have closed shops, because of lack of customers.

That in turn effects local farm growers, seafood, etc.
We shall see how many will leave, and how the economy will ever recover in Arizona.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Thats because most of the rightwingers think illegals don't work and get all freebies, but in fact it's the opposite.
They work, but they can't get any handouts.

Look its Klein talking out his:

180.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Lue, do you think that maybe you need to go find something to do during the day while you are "displaced"?

bbsam

Staff member
Look its Klein talking out his:

180.jpg

Lue, if you keep making these deranged posts then no it is not enough. Way too much time on your hands. I fear your mental state will soon follow your soul into depths of depravity that there will be no coming back. That said, I'll still keep laughing.:wink2: