I need advice on a chevy asap

City Driver

I would suggest checking that your halogen fluid is filled to the fill line.

Or your clutch belt could be loose

and while you're doing some maintenance you may as well check your blinker fluid.

no, it sounds more like low turn signal fluid or maybe a faulty flux capacitor valve:wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would suggest checking that your halogen fluid is filled to the fill line.

Or your clutch belt could be loose

and while you're doing some maintenance you may as well check your blinker fluid.

no, it sounds more like low turn signal fluid or maybe a faulty flux capacitor valve:wink2:
WARNING! Ya'll are messin with dynamite and somebody's gonna get burned.

I'm going to stand back and watch LMAO!

City Driver

in all seriousness, transmission problems are very expensive no matter what

it probably wont help now, but atleast check your fluid level

Pip

Toonertoo,Kind of hesitant to reply, could be a number of things. With out seeing the vehicle to properly diagnose and knowing little about the past history. I'm thinking it is more then just a fluid level issue. Sounds more like at the very least a rebuild will need done. if reverse has gone out, loosing 1st gear will probably be next in the near future.

Options would depend on a number of things, How much you want or can afford, how long you plan on keeping the truck.

--valvebody & filter replacement
--replace with a used tranny
--partial or full rebuild
--replace with a new tranny

When you do get a chance, best to have somebody knowledgable to look at it closer to give you a better idea of just what your looking at far as options. Obviously the quickiest and cheapest repair would be desirable, but really hard to give an educated diagnosis on the board here.

PS, I hope things do work out for your husband, hang in there.

rocket man

i HAD A 88 1500 4X4 GMC SHORT BED REPO TRUCK WITH A SLING UNIT THAT ZING HIT ME WHILE BACKING IN A DRIVE WAY I USED 4 WHEEL DRIVER FOWARD THEM IT WAS OVER A NEW TRANNY WAS NEEDED BUT ON NEXT TRANNY GO FOR THE XTRA MONEY GET A TRANNY COOLER sorry for the caps was to lazy to retype.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I thought you were just yelling at her, rocket.

Hey toon, check your route. Don't you know any tranny guys? Maybe a guy on your route or someone can refer you to a good guy, for cheap. I paid $1,200 to have my explorer tranny rebuilt. Just some ideas I'm throwing out here.

Tell Hubby that we're all pulling for a good outcome in this trying time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steve, you are right on the money. There are many a customer that will give a good deal to a favored driver. That is another good reason to take good care of your customers. :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Might be time to "drive the Chevy to the levee" -and push it in. You could pick up a decent used car for the couple grand that trans. work will cost

over9five

Staff member
Might be time to "drive the Chevy to the levee" -and push it in. You could pick up a decent used car for the couple grand that trans. work will cost

I was going to suggest a brandy new one. You can get really good deals right now. Car dealers are hurting.
My tranny went a couple months ago. I brought it to the dealer to have it fixed, but came home with a new car instead.

Yikes, Tooner, I hope I didn't sound insensitive. Obviously you won't be car shopping till your hubbys home and well!

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And lose the 4x4. Kind of a lose lose situation. I think they need the 4x4 in the snow.:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And lose the 4x4. Kind of a lose lose situation. I think they need the 4x4 in the snow.:happy2:

I think Tooner's state got 6-10 inches of snow today on top of what is already there. Hubby is in hospital with heart problems and she needs the 4X4 to get there. I hope he is doing alright.

As far as tranny problem, sounds like more than just loose linkage. I am sorry it sounds like transmission shop time and a big bill. Like somebody says, its good to take care of your customers, I have got many discounts over the years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think Tooner's state got 6-10 inches of snow today on top of what is already there. Hubby is in hospital with heart problems and she needs the 4X4 to get there. I hope he is doing alright.

As far as tranny problem, sounds like more than just loose linkage. I am sorry it sounds like transmission shop time and a big bill. Like somebody says, its good to take care of your customers, I have got many discounts over the years.
Thanks for the help. I got to the hospital, with no needs to back:greedy: called my dealer he told me to come get a truck and we would worry about the rest later. God bless him. I drove it back parked it and am driving a new one. Yes 10 inches, and no plows.