I need drivers opinions.....

I just got the biggest let down of my life...I went full time on 4-05-13....I have only been driving since October and I know this is a blessing....As a TCD I didnt work alot maybe 2-3 days a week(MAYBE)....I never made my 30 days as a TCD so now that I'm full time my pay rate is a lousy 16.10....You guys know that 16.10 is NOT NEARLY ENOUGH COMPENSATION FOR THE **** WE DO!....I'm not sure if I want to continue to do this for that rate...Hell somedays 27.?? isnt enough money for the **** we put up with...I'm actually considering doing combos in the hub for my 8 hrs...What do you guys think?

Indecisi0n

If your full time the demand your 8 hrs everyday. Don't cry about your pay rate, suck it up and earn full time pay in 3 years.

I just got the biggest let down of my life...I went full time on 4-05-13....I have only been driving since October and I know this is a blessing....As a TCD I didnt work alot maybe 2-3 days a week(MAYBE)....I never made my 30 days as a TCD so now that I'm full time my pay rate is a lousy 16.10....You guys know that 16.10 is NOT NEARLY ENOUGH COMPENSATION FOR THE **** WE DO!....I'm not sure if I want to continue to do this for that rate...Hell somedays 27.?? isnt enough money for the **** we put up with...I'm actually considering doing combos in the hub for my 8 hrs...What do you guys think?
In three years your pay will more than double. Plus vacation,sick days etc.Money going into the pension.You may struggle for a little bit but in a few years you will be glad you stayed. GET THE BIG PICTURE!!!

UPS Preloader

No offense, but if it's that bad go back to PT.

jaker

trolling
Do these guys now a day realize we all went though the same thing , man up do what you got to do to make it

If you bow out now then you will bow out later so maybe driving is not for you

Buck Fifty

SUCK IT UP.........................​ damn did i just type that out loud,underline it, and use bold, italicized,capital letters. Sorry didn't mean to.

Yeah....After thinking on it more...I will just do what I have to do...I know guys that are TCD's that have been driving for years and still have not made FT....And then theres me...I was a TCD for 6 mos and went FT...I got a all residential route and my truck is an automatic...So I guess it's not that bad...With OT and Sat driving I'll be OK...I really had my heart set on that 27 bucks an hour tho...I guess I'll have to wait to buy that Jet I've had my eye on :happy-very:.....Appreciate the responses....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Like 407 said pack as much money away in that 401k as you can especially u younger guys. there no way possible you will be able to do this job for 30 years now,without coming out like lee majors the 6 million dollar man. and really who would want to do this job for 30 years unless your completely out of your mind. stash that money away,stay away from credit card debt,big car and mortgage payments,get dogs or cats instead of kids get your 15 or 20 years in and ride off in the sunset ang go work somewhere else til your retirement age before your broken down totally physically. hang in there til u go ft this jobs nothing but 1 big mind game thats it and everybody knows it

browniehound

Like 407 said pack as much money away in that 401k as you can especially u younger guys. there no way possible you will be able to do this job for 30 years now,without coming out like lee majors the 6 million dollar man. and really who would want to do this job for 30 years unless your completely out of your mind. stash that money away,stay away from credit card debt,big car and mortgage payments,get dogs or cats instead of kids get your 15 or 20 years in and ride off in the sunset ang go work somewhere else til your retirement age before your broken down totally physically. hang in there til u go ft this jobs nothing but 1 big mind game thats it and everybody knows it

Jumpman is right. Stick it out. 3 years is nothing. It will fly by. I like his suggestion on dogs and cats and not kids. Max out your 401k, get married and become a DINK. Do you know what a DINK is? It stands for Dual Income and No Kids. DINKS are the most comfortable in retirement. Leave your forture to a lucky nephew.

rod

Retired 22 years
Do these guys now a day realize we all went though the same thing , man up do what you got to do to make it

If you bow out now then you will bow out later so maybe driving is not for you

I have to disagree with you on the first part of your post. When I started you were up to full pay scale after 90 days. That was for both part time and full time employees. After 90 days the only thing different between you and someone who had 20 years in was the amount of paid vacation you got and your position on the seinority list. Also you, your spouce and kids were covered under your insurance as soon as you made your initial 30 day probation period. We also signed only 3 year contracts for many years. Its only been the last few contracts that things have steadily gone down hill. Keep this in mind as you prepare to vote on a new contract. How long is this next contract suppose to be in effect? It seems like they keep extending the time.

smart girl

I know it sucks now. However, I worked a whole year before seniority as casual too. I have 30yrs now and am looking forward to retirement. We all had to do this at some point. It got better years ago but now the company has to do this to keep competitive. Don't run and just do methods one stop at a time so in 30 yrs you are not crippled. Sign 9.5 list so they don't abuse you. Go to Union meetings become a shop steward and get involved young. This way you understand your rights and know how to stick up for yourself.

SouthernComfort

How old are you Mark? Im 29 years old, been at UPS since 2 weeks after my 17th birthday...12 years in... I started driving cover at 21 years old(yes I was lucky) and have been TCD SINCE THEN! Thats driving cover for 8 years buddy, different route everyday, no 9.5 rights, no 8hr day rights, I don't get trained on routes.... Ive seen 6 guys JUST LIKE YOU come up in the last 2 years and go full time in my center because they have more PT seniority. 4 guys got pulled up in a matter of months, got their 30 days cover, and went full time, at that time I had 5x as much driving time in and knew 3x as many routes as all 4 of those guys COMBINED!!!!!! Yes, I get 200 reports a year, and every year I do they bring up a dude just like to to fill the spot I CREATED!!!! Trust me man, the $16/hour sucks now....but consider yourself lucky. Im not even going to start ranting about how my 1st 5 years(age 17-21) dont apply for retirement.