I need help calculation my hours. please help.

eplaner

sun- 5.58
mon- 11.58
tues- 11.13
wed- 9.78
thur- 10.83
fri- 8.85

total- 57.75
average 9.78

so my question is how many hours are overtime? and how many hours are regular time?

Brain Genocide

After 8 hrs it is overtime, mon,tue,wed,thu you are over the 8 hour mark, Not sure about sunday - wait for an expert to tell you if that would be time and a half or not. Also plan on deducting time for breaks if you took any.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where I come from, the OT hours would be 20.17.
OT kicks in after 8 hours on each day.
What local /supplement do you work under?

iruhnman630

The OP can't do math and you want to know their local?
It's more complicated than simple math. Is the op pt or ft? Is Sunday paid at straight time or time.5? Does helper time count towards overtime? Does the Sunday time count towards straight time or over time when calculating the weekly total?

Last edited:

iruhnman630

sun- 5.58
mon- 11.58
tues- 11.13
wed- 9.78
thur- 10.83
fri- 8.85
OT if you are a ft'er, first 8 of day are straight time, ot for the week for anything over 40 straight time :

Mon 3.58
Tue 3.13
Wed 1.78
Thu 2.83
Fri 8.85-2.42= 6.43 (2.42 being the remaining straight-time hours since you didn't reach 8 on Sun, depending on your pay status for Sunday. Slightly complicated.)

40 straight time hours + 17.75 OT

UnderThe Radar

It appears that the OP is a PT loader and works in CA.

I too am in the western conference, much of my time spent as a steward.

OP appears to be a M-friend employee, therefore any Sunday work is considered a 7th punch and is at double time for both PT and FT. Sunday is always a 7th punch regardless if you work Saturday or even whether you worked your entire 5 days of your 5 day schedule for the week, provided you are a M-friend employee. If he/she is a Sun-Thurs employee Friday would be considered a 6th punch and would be at 1.5x for the entire shift.

If OP is PT then overtime would start over 5 hours on any of his/her regularly scheduled 5 working days, unless there is a break of time greater than a 1 hour lunch in between shifts (as in working doubles), in which case OT starts after 8 hours per day. If you are FT, you recieve OT after 8 hours per day, regardless of whether you are over 40 hours yet for the week.

You can do the math. I believe this covers all possible scenarios.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Close...if they start their day as a driver helper then they don't get OT till after 8...regardless of whether or not they work their shift after. Sunday work is double time until midnight.

UPSRook

What's the deal with the regular payrate? For 18.21 total hours, they paid $8.50 for the first 9 hours, $9.50 for the next 9 hours, and overtime for the remainder. I get the overtime after 5 hours if youre PT, but whats with the $9.50?

eplaner

yea i am a part timer small sorter that works in california ontario.
sunday isn't overtime for me i know that.
anything over 8 hours are overtime. and anything over 40 hour per week are overtime.

i did an calculation of my own. and i get 26.24 hours of overtime.

did anybody else get it around that?

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Are you part time, or Full time.

Part time overtime is anything over 5hrs.

Full time overtime is anything over 8hrs.

If you are an Under 8hr. bid air driver , then anything over 8hrs. is overtime.

How long have you been @ your classification cause you really should now these matters and study your contract or you will be taken advantage of and probably have been.

Learn these things deligently.