i need help

poopfresh

I applied for a seasonal/temporary driver filled the application and got a scheduled appointment. my concern is facial hair policy. I have a beard that is about 2 inches long. now is it worth going to the appointment because there is no way am shaving

Ms.PacMan

I don't think they will ask you to shave unless you get hired but if you're not ever willing to shave then it's a waste of time to go.

I had hair down to the small of my back and bobbed it when I got hired.

upschuck

HR will not base their decision upon whether the applicant has facial hair. They will fully explain the appearance standards and any job offer would be based on compliance.
But he said he wasn't shaving, so no reason to apply, if you are not willing to comply with appearance standards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But he said he wasn't shaving, so no reason to apply, if you are not willing to comply with appearance standards.

I was under the impression he wasn't going to shave until he was hired.

To the OP--your hair cannot touch your collar or fall beneath your ears. You can have a mustache but it cannot extend beyond the corners of the mouth or below the top lip.

upschuck

I was under the impression he wasn't going to shave until he was hired.

To the OP--your hair cannot touch your collar or fall beneath your ears. You can have a mustache but it cannot extend beyond the corners of the mouth or below the top lip.
I took it as he wasn't shaving after he got job, even.

Box Ox

Go ahead and take a job with FedEx. Then come back and tell us whether keeping your little beard was worth passing up UPS.