I never have been so mad in my life.

Ivelis Crest

I started working for ups last year. This was my dream job. I had some problems with my home life and the job did not care. I lost my kids. I have not got paid for some of the time I was working and didn't go out. they treated me like I was a door matt. At the end of peak season they told me I had to start working in the wear house for a lot less then what I was making. This was going to be the job I want to retire with but the way they treated me I will never tell anyone to go work for ups. Not even some I dis like. I tried talking to my teamster rep. but I still have nothing. I am it the point of getting a lawyer to help me I think I was a pun in their little game.

oldngray

nowhere special
What do u wear to work in the wear house?
5d7.jpg

the corporation kicked him out of the company he started. Guaranteed!

upschuck

I started working for ups last year. This was my dream job. I had some problems with my home life and the job did not care. I lost my kids. I have not got paid for some of the time I was working and didn't go out. they treated me like I was a door matt. At the end of peak season they told me I had to start working in the wear house for a lot less then what I was making. This was going to be the job I want to retire with but the way they treated me I will never tell anyone to go work for ups. Not even some I dis like. I tried talking to my teamster rep. but I still have nothing. I am it the point of getting a lawyer to help me I think I was a pun in their little game.
I'm assuming that you are a FT driver. They put you in the building to keep you working instead of sending you home without pay. You should be getting back to driving when volume resumes. Take a deep breathe, it will be ok.

Home life thing, well they really don't care unless it is something serious, like a severed appendage. That is how they are.

UPSGUY72

You can't hire a lawyer till you go through the steps the union and company have in place.. If your steward isn't helping you or giving you the answers you want them call your BA (Business Agent) maybe they will give you an answer that your looking for than again they might tell you the truth and that probably not what your looking for.

From what I got from you post your were hired off the street a FT driver. So you are at the bottom of the seniority list. That being said most years after peak the volume drops off and they either lay driver off or send them back the preload or local sort till volume picks up again... If they send you back to the preload your will be what would be your preload rate. Check with you state unemployment I know is Mass you can work and collect if your hours and pay is cut. I did when I first started driving.

If they shorted you hours then you should have told them. Some driver including myself keep track of any OT we / I work to make sure I get paid for it. When and if they short me I let them know the day I get my paycheck....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

maxresdefault.jpg

Great movie and Great advice !!!!

Ouch

Try 18 years and getting a career ending injury. That will not make you happy either. Dude you are a number that can and will be replaced by a different number. You either suck it up and work 2 to 3 part time jobs like so many of us had to do or you move on. UPS didn't make you lose your kids. Sounds like you are mad at the wrong person. Your life choices made you lose your children. I don't mean to sound like I'm dogging you, but why do you feel it necessary to come on here and try to get some to feel sorry for your situation. You knew going into this job what your title was. You think you can just step in and get a full time driving position before the ones that have been there longer than you and put up with the bs longer than you. Come on man, surely you have to be smarter than that. I went thru 2 divorces working for the machine. Neither were the companies fault. I had to much time vested to quit. So what are you going to do? Get your life in order and get your head up. Quit taking your misfortunes out on someone else. Take responsibility for what happened and try and correct it the best you can. Best of luck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can't hire a lawyer till you go through the steps the union and company have in place.. If your steward isn't helping you or giving you the answers you want them call your BA (Business Agent) maybe they will give you an answer that your looking for than again they might tell you the truth and that probably not what your looking for.

From what I got from you post your were hired off the street a FT driver. So you are at the bottom of the seniority list. That being said most years after peak the volume drops off and they either lay driver off or send them back the preload or local sort till volume picks up again... If they send you back to the preload your will be what would be your preload rate. Check with you state unemployment I know is Mass you can work and collect if your hours and pay is cut. I did when I first started driving.

If they shorted you hours then you should have told them. Some driver including myself keep track of any OT we / I work to make sure I get paid for it. When and if they short me I let them know the day I get my paycheck....
I'm taking a wild guess but I bet he thought he was a FT driver when he was just seasonal.

JL 0513

OP, it takes an average 5+ years for the majority of people working at UPS to even be given a chance to get behind the wheel. Sounds like you're one of the ones who rarely get a driving job off the street, or you were hired seasonal. Apparently they didn't explain the terms of your position.