I now have homework

dvalleyjim

Well, this is getting out of control. I'm a lowly HD delivery guy who doesn't get paid by the hour and has no benefits. I was hoping to cruise through 2 more years here and retire. But no. I get emails for online crap. I did the MVR or whatever. Have to do the hazmat online. Ok, watch a video and take a test. Now I'm getting monthly safety videos to watch and take a test. This is mandatory. In the past 3 weeks I have received 3 online videos with tests. I'm at home. I'm not delivering packages.
So, I don't get paid to load and scan in my packages in the morning, no lunch or breaks, and no overtime. Now I have work to do at home. Really?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well, this is getting out of control. I'm a lowly HD delivery guy who doesn't get paid by the hour and has no benefits. I was hoping to cruise through 2 more years here and retire. But no. I get emails for online crap. I did the MVR or whatever. Have to do the hazmat online. Ok, watch a video and take a test. Now I'm getting monthly safety videos to watch and take a test. This is mandatory. In the past 3 weeks I have received 3 online videos with tests. I'm at home. I'm not delivering packages.
So, I don't get paid to load and scan in my packages in the morning, no lunch or breaks, and no overtime. Now I have work to do at home. Really?
What happens if you refuse to do those things on your own time?

bacha29

Just try to slog your way through the next couple of years but by the sound of things you're working for a real low life. The easy way out of it would have been to tell the guy that you don't have a home computer. The other option would be to tell him that you do have one and that you would be happy to lease him time on it to conduct contractor business.
Keep in mind also that if you're running a minus 10,000 GVW truck you are entitled to overtime pay.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think the signs are loud and clear that it’s time to find another job. Fast.

STFXG

Quit whining. It sounds like the fleet response system. The video and test take about 5 minutes and can be done on your phone while sitting on the :censored2:ter. Unless you think safety training isn’t important?

STFXG

Also, FedEx switched the MVR process. You no longer fill out the paper annually. The new online stuff sucks, but it’s once a year. You’re getting hit with extra stuff because you also have annual hazmat training. So instead of getting the 50 page booklet, you’re watching a video and taking a quiz. THAT is much better than the old training (which you likely didn’t get anyways and just signed the paper stating you got it).
Safety training is a contractual requirement, and a DOT regulation. Sounds like your contractor is finally getting it right.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Also, FedEx switched the MVR process. You no longer fill out the paper annually. The new online stuff sucks, but it’s once a year. You’re getting hit with extra stuff because you also have annual hazmat training. So instead of getting the 50 page booklet, you’re watching a video and taking a quiz. THAT is much better than the old training (which you likely didn’t get anyways and just signed the paper stating you got it).
Safety training is a contractual requirement, and a DOT regulation. Sounds like your contractor is finally getting it right.
He’s getting it right except for the fact he’s making him do it on his own time.

Indecisi0n

UPS MVP is now online as well.

It will be fine

no, i think their talking motor vehicle record... like, drivers license transcript.... not our daily mvr.
Ya the annual MVR we have to fill out a bunch of info for first advantage. A bunch of info Fedex already has but they can't be bothered to do the data entry, just make the contractors provide that free labor.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Quit whining. It sounds like the fleet response system. The video and test take about 5 minutes and can be done on your phone while sitting on the :censored2:ter. Unless you think safety training isn’t important?
Since when did Ground start practicing safety? Probably as long as a driver does it on their own time, the company is all for it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Since when did Ground start practicing safety? Probably as long as a driver does it on their own time, the company is all for it.

Yeah, I finally did that MVR via email link, which the terminal already has in their files. Bah

HD gets hazmat training??? As OP Jim stated, I guess we gotta start sometime since we're dropping the HD name soon.

in the past, only ORM-Ds were handled by HD; the rest gets diverted to ground.

I learnded that you block/brace / strap hazmat boxes down in another thread. So they hand down straps too???

sketch-1519603713779.png