I-Pads In The Classroom

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Like its been discussed and mentioned on this board before. Textbooks are leaving the classroom. Electronic pads are going to replace the textbook. It is alot easier, cheaper and functional. No need to reprint a change in the book, only a fresh update or re-download.

Like i said, In less than ten years, books will be a thing of the past. If we could only have them built here in the USA, that would be even better.

Peace.

TOS, I am not that familiar with i-Pads----is there a way to turn off the Wi-Fi so that kids won't be on facebook when they should be on History book?

WiFi has the ability to connect to a source. If the source is secured then the WiFi is useless without the password. Also the school can have a secure network, like some business`s have that only allow access to select websites.

My wife has one with WiFi and cellular built in and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WiFi has the ability to connect to a source. If the source is secured then the WiFi is useless without the password. Also the school can have a secure network, like some business`s have that only allow access to select websites.

My wife has one with WiFi and cellular built in and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

Do you see a practical application in the classroom?

Absolutely. Eventually some form of a "notepad" style computer will replace all the books. The homework will be a download that the teacher sends to the pad to be completed and uploaded back to the teacher. Students will watch educational videos on it. Anything that in our day was done on paper, had to be watched on a filmstrip, done on a chalkboard, etc, will be done by a teacher sitting at a desk working on their computer as students follow along on their notepad.

Eventually you could see multiple rooms being taught by a single teacher. Kids could be taught at home. No need for tax dollars for schools when the school is the kitchen table. Etc,etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Absolutely. Eventually some form of a "notepad" style computer will replace all the books. The homework will be a download that the teacher sends to the pad to be completed and uploaded back to the teacher. Students will watch educational videos on it. Anything that in our day was done on paper, had to be watched on a filmstrip, done on a chalkboard, etc, will be done by a teacher sitting at a desk working on their computer as students follow along on their notepad.
Then we won't need any teachers either.....except for one at www. central.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wasn't looking for funny. This is a topic I don't know a whole lot about and I was looking for some useful information.

You shouldn't feel obligated to post on every single thread in every single forum.
You lead in posts per day, so don't give me any of your crap!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You lead in posts per day, so don't give me any of your crap!!

You will notice I tend to stay out of Current Events as I will be the first to admit that I am not up to speed in that area. I totally avoid your own personal forums as they don't interest me in the least. I do read the FedEx threads but rarely comment. I browse the UPS Labor forum and do post there on occasion. I tend to focus on the UPS discussion thread as that is where I feel my strength is.

Posts per day is misleading. You have been here since May 2000 while I have only been here since Halloween 2007. You seem to be posting a lot more now that you were when I first joined; in fact, it took you just over a month to go from 34K posts to 35K. It took me two months to go from 15K to 16K. (I know--that makes me about one half as pathetic as you) I have noticed that you have cut down dramtically on the number of political and editorial cartoons that you copy and paste and are now citing the source of the material for those posts that are not your own words.

You should not feel obligated to post on every single thread in every single forum.

Dave

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, Obama needs you as an ambassador !!

I know you won't be happy until I post no more. Not happenin' big guy!!

I was thinking how much I miss the political cartoons every day. Whether I post them or not is my decision not yours.
If I have something to add or something funny to say, I don't hesitate to do so.
Maybe you can show me where I "post on every single thread in every forum"..........