I Smell A Cluster This Peak

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All the signs are already there. Want to work Xmas day? You'll probably have the opportunity. Upper management comes through again.

Washu234

I really want to know what district you're in cause holy crap you have it BAD!

Seriously - My station in the Bostonian district has beefed it up. So far we've added handlers and sweep drivers. We're starting afternoon drivers earlier and having some part timers (including myself) come on as runners in the morning. We've added shuttles to the airport. The only thing we haven't done yet which I'm sure is coming next week is added rentals.

Ha - we've have already been asked for volunteers for x-mas day staffing. I might volunteer... but something about it just feels wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your gut is right--delivering on Christmas Day is wrong.

With the Internet, there should be absolutely no reason for anyone to have to wait until the 24th to do their shopping.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Your gut is right--delivering on Christmas Day is wrong.

With the Internet, there should be absolutely no reason for anyone to have to wait until the 24th to do their shopping.

Uh, Discounts??
The average person doesn't care about those out on the road, in the hub, on the Flight Deck, etc.
The good news (I hope) is that although you're abused, you're appreciated and respected

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh, Discounts??
The average person doesn't care about those out on the road, in the hub, on the Flight Deck, etc.
The good news (I hope) is that although you're abused, you're appreciated and respected

This won't affect me at all. I fully expect to be punched out and gone by 1700 Christmas Eve. Deliveries only, no pickups. Sweet.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We had to work Christmas day several years back due to a fierce snow storm that delayed packages 2 days prior.

They had to start at the bottom of the seniority list and force up the list, only after all part time, cover drivers and air drivers were working.

Good news was it paid double time for being forced to work a holiday, plus the 8hrs holiday pay!!

DorkHead

We had to work Christmas day several years back due to a fierce snow storm that delayed packages 2 days prior.

They had to start at the bottom of the seniority list and force up the list, only after all part time, cover drivers and air drivers were working.

Good news was it paid double time for being forced to work a holiday, plus the 8hrs holiday pay!!

$87.81 per hour! That would be SWEET!!!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have never worked one minute of Christmas Day in my life....nor will I ever. There are still a few things left that are more important than the almighty $. And December 25 is at the top of that list for me.
I'm not selling my soul for this sorry outfit that's for sure.
Christmas comes around at the exact same time each and every year. People have 12 full months to prepare for it. Then in the final few days all the procrastinators hit the 'order' button and overload the system, toss in various and sundry severe weather throughout the majority of the country, sprinkle in the requisite cold weather-related mechanical issues here and there, and you have the catalyst for "Little Timmy's" Christmas morning tantrum.

Nope, if it ain't delivered by nightfall December 24 - I personally don't give a ratsass whose fault it is - it ain't going anywhere (on my account) until the 26th, and I really don't care who's pissed off at me.

End of Story

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have never worked one minute of Christmas Day in my life....nor will I ever. There are still a few things left that are more important than the almighty $. And December 25 is at the top of that list for me.
I'm not selling my soul for this sorry outfit that's for sure.
Christmas comes around at the exact same time each and every year. People have 12 full months to prepare for it. Then in the final few days all the procrastinators hit the 'order' button and overload the system, toss in various and sundry severe weather throughout the majority of the country, sprinkle in the requisite cold weather-related mechanical issues here and there, and you have the catalyst for "Little Timmy's" Christmas morning tantrum.

Nope, if it ain't delivered by nightfall December 24 - I personally don't give a ratsass whose fault it is - it ain't going anywhere (on my account) until the 26th, and I really don't care who's pissed off at me.

End of Story
Really and to hell with all the last minute online shoppers and the companies that send out emails advertising that "you can still order and get it by the 24th." That's gonna be the biggest farce since that old saying, "the check's in the mail."