I think I just missed out on 600+ dollars (edcor)

wfwillia

So I got hired @ UPS midway through my spring semister, sent my application through edcor, approved and requested payment. Everything went fine. Expecting check in the mail any day now.

Started summer school May 19th. Summer school ends tomorrow (technically today), June 22th. Went to edcor's site to submit my application for summer school payment.

Requested amount was $638. And It seems my application is too late. :biting:
Early Deadline: 45 days before the Term Start Date
Late Deadline: 30 days after the Term Start Date

Is there anything I can do, or am I out of luck trying to get paid? :sad-very:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I called tuition assistance, and they said I could appeal my application. It takes up to 45 days, but there is still hope. :)

I know of appeals that were granted for late submission of payment requests, not sure how they handle it if you don't get prior approval.

wfwillia

I know of appeals that were granted for late submission of payment requests, not sure how they handle it if you don't get prior approval.

Yeah, a co-worker of mine had to go through an appeal for his payment request. Hopefully they can do appeals for late applications too. Broke college student here could really use the funds.

REVV

EDCOR drug their feet and canceled my APP for tuition assistance until I finally quit. I wanted to file a grievance but they said I had to deal with UPS and UPS said it was out of their hands. Has anyone else had this problem?

Indecisi0n

My memory isn't the best so i understand but you should do what i do. For something that important i would have 2-3 reminders (email/phone/calendar).

tommytin8822

can you tell me how i got into the website to apply for tuition reimbursement? because i just got hired this monday,6/13 and my Fall semester starts on August 24th... is it too late to apply for this semester or i'm not eligible for this because i'm new employee