I think, I'm turning into a Liberal.

ups1990

The other day, I was sipping on a vanilla soy latte reading the LA Times. Rode my bike to Vons to buy organic fruit and refused a plastic bag for the fear of hurting or killing Flipper. Ate my whole grain oat meal for breakfast. Maybe, a little yoga would do me some good.

klein

Für Meno :)
The other day, I was sipping on a vanilla soy latte reading the LA Times. Rode my bike to Vons to buy organic fruit and refused a plastic bag for the fear of hurting or killing Flipper. Ate my whole grain oat meal for breakfast. Maybe, a little yoga would do me some good.

Plastics bags are or will be forbidden in California.
Some cities have already done that here.
Now, next step is provincial legislation.

I will soon need to go back to my European grass roots, and take reuseable bags to shopping centers.
No big deal. Just takes a bit time to get used to.

Now, you just need to recylce more or have a program like most other industrialized countries. - Good money refund for all empty beverage containers.
(10 cents a can here, 30 cents for a jug of milk, 20 cents for 2 liter juices or milk cartons, also 10 cents for every bottle, even those tiny minature bottles are included).

Btw, I think you can be a republican without destroying your planet or country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The toll road folks gave us free green grocery reusable bags. I take them to the grocery store all the time. I also get a % off my bill because I have my own bags. They are stronger. if you ever had heavy jars of spaghetti sauce break through a plastic bag, you know what a mess that can be.

tieguy

Banned
The toll road folks gave us free green grocery reusable bags. I take them to the grocery store all the time. I also get a % off my bill because I have my own bags. They are stronger. if you ever had heavy jars of spaghetti sauce break through a plastic bag, you know what a mess that can be.

you don't make spaghetti sauce from scratch?

klein

:) :happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
you don't make spaghetti sauce from scratch?

I always made sauce from scratch......tomato puree, tomato paste, water etc.......but, when I found a product that tasted great without being so labor intensive I jumped at it. It's Ragu Traditional and I make it my own by cooking my meatballs in it, or bracciole, or chicken or pork and adding fresh basil and other spices and plenty of garlic with the meat.. The sauce becomes different with the different meats. It works for me and tastes great.

P

pickup

Some cities have already done that here.
Now, next step is provincial legislation.

I will soon need to go back to my European grass roots, and take reuseable bags to shopping centers.

Now, you just need to recylce more or have a program like most other industrialized countries. - Good money refund for all empty beverage containers.
(10 cents a can here, 30 cents for a jug of milk, 20 cents for 2 liter juices or milk cartons, also 10 cents for every bottle, even those tiny minature bottles are included).

Incredible, ineffencredible . The original poster makes a humorous post and you manage to use it as a springboard to tell us what our country should be doing.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

To become a true liberal you need to have some of this:

ObamaKoolaid.jpg

And wear these:

WearingBlinders.jpg

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Some cities have already done that here. Who cares...its Canada.
Now, next step is provincial legislation. Who cares...its Canada.

Who cares...its about you and Canada.

Are you preaching again? Remember that we are America so we dont give a crap what other countries do...especially Canada. But sense you mentioned how we need to recycle maybe you need to do more research on refunds for beverage containers in America and states recycling programs.

Ya think? Thanks for your wisdom Klein...we love to hear about you and Canada in every one of your posts.

klein

ok, *******where in the US do you get 30 cents for a an empty milk jug ?

You think you soo smart... same as Palin.
Could you just imagine the world wide embarresment the US would have gotten ?

Face it, Obama was the only choice !

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

I just googled this and learned that the name "Canada" comes from the country's early recycling policy whose slogan was RECYCLE A CAN A DAY . Soon enough, that slogan was shortened by usage to a "Can A DAY" and then eventually to "Canada".

klein

Incredible, ineffencredible . The original poster makes a humorous post and you manage to use it as a springboard to tell us what our country should be doing.

Did if ever hurt to see how others manage a problem , or how they have solutions ?
Or are you just as one sided as many of you ?

No one else can do better then yourself ?
You won't want no ideas ? (yours are the best) ?

Personally , I would love to adopt a few things from Europe, esspecially thier mass transit system. Even take it from Japan.
Also other things like getting citizenship. You must live atleast legally (with work and resident visa), before you can even apply for Citizenship.
If , in the meantime, you commited a crime.. your visas will be taken from you. (and basically can't live or work in there, anymore).

Smaller crimes, such as drunk driving will expand those 10 years, probably to 12.

And yes, I do have a problem here, new residents becomming Canadians after only 1 year, or even upon arrival !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
ok, *******where in the US do you get 30 cents for a an empty milk jug ?
Did i say America gets 30cents for a stupid milk jug??? Funny i dont see where i said that...maybe you need to go back and read Poindexter. I have an idea...maybe you can start collecting milk jugs to help pay back the taxpayers of Canada for supporting you.

You think you soo smart... same as Palin.
Lets see...i have a job so im smarter than you...i make 43 bucks an hour...more money than you make cause...you dont work...so im smarter again...and i dont drink while on the job so...yup...smarter again.:wink2:
Could you just imagine the world wide embarresment the US would have gotten ?
Sure...America is not embarrased right now with the Donkey in charge...we are so proud of the Messiah. LMAO!!!!!!
Face it, Obama was the only choice !
Ah...you mean that bugs bunny was not avail...darn!!!

klein

Yes, you are smarter then me.
I can only travel every other second month.

You can travel daily to work.

I only have half a million of assets. With $43 an hr, you must have well over 1 mill !
Good for you. Sad thing is, you still work, while I'm leaving tomorrow to Mexico again !

I'm enjoying life, I hope you are, too .

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Yes, you are smarter then me.
I can only travel every other second month."

That would be every other February!!

klein

Every other second month? Is that the same as every four months?

Half a million in assets and you are on unemployment/welfare?

No, government ain't giving me nothing now (only good for 6 months here).
Actually, I have a $4200 property tax bill I need to pay by June 30th.

No worries... but I do pay taxes.. and for kids to go to school. (more then half of those $4200 goes towards public education).