I thought Peak was over...

Nolimitz

Going back to forced OT. Supposedly due to transfers and injuries. All 4-10 employees working 5 days and Tues-Sat folks working on Mon's. What a crock

Purplepackage

It means you'll have a choice between being an AM part-timer or a PM part-timer

So your saying fedex will only deliver First Overnight?

The A.M part time at my station are all FO drivers who work 7-11 and help with some P1 (as long as it's not peak of course). The P.M guys run pick ups from 3-7. So if it's going to be a part time company will there be a shift of couriers that work 11:30-3 and run a p2 cycle?

Right now my pick ups are ran by a part timer but I still work 7-4:30 I hear people say this all the time but no one can actually explain how this system would work

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know everyone is saying fedex will become a part time company but I'm not sure what you mean.

I hear people say this all the time but no one can actually explain how this system would work

Around 2012 on this very site, a few people were adamant that this (among other crazy things) was going to happen in very short order. Claims of having all sorts of reputable sources and seeing (with their very own eyes, no less!) an array of secret internal company documents were made and lots of people were relentless in defending their belief that all of those things were not only going to happen, but would be announced at the 2012 stockholders' meeting.

The proponents went into GREAT detail as to how it would all work and how it would be implemented. The fact that this plan was full of holes only made them believe in it more. Of course, none of those things were announced, none ever came close to seeing the light of day, and it's more likely that all of it was the result of some very active imaginations that got caught up in a theory that sounded good but they just couldn't let go of.

In short, don't worry about it.

bbsam

Staff member
Around 2012 on this very site, a few people were adamant that this (among other crazy things) was going to happen in very short order. Claims of having all sorts of reputable sources and seeing (with their very own eyes, no less!) an array of secret internal company documents were made and lots of people were relentless in defending their belief that all of those things were not only going to happen, but would be announced at the 2012 stockholders' meeting.

The proponents went into GREAT detail as to how it would all work and how it would be implemented. The fact that this plan was full of holes only made them believe in it more. Of course, none of those things were announced, none ever came close to seeing the light of day, and it's more likely that all of it was the result of some very active imaginations that got caught up in a theory that sounded good but they just couldn't let go of.

In short, don't worry about it.
But it was such fun rampant speculation.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But it was such fun rampant speculation.

Absolutely. Someone had been beating the drum about Express giving all the deferred freight to you guys for YEARS, you made one vague comment and the floodgates opened with each believer trying to outdo all the others with predictions of how it was gonna be.

I owe you a beer. Unless you don't drink, in which case I'd still buy it for you but drink it myself.

bbsam

Staff member
Absolutely. Someone had been beating the drum about Express giving all the deferred freight to you guys for YEARS, you made one vague comment and the floodgates opened with each believer trying to outdo all the others with predictions of how it was gonna be.

I owe you a beer. Unless you don't drink, in which case I'd still buy it for you but drink it myself.
Diet A&W. Cheers and thank you!