I want a drivers opinion

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job like I said before is super cool. Its just the other stuff that goes with it that really wears on ya. The long hours, the constant bs and harassment and job is so hard on your joints. The jobs not hard per say, its just the repetition on your joints that make it really hard. Jobs not made anymore to do it any longer than 10 to 15 years with the volume of packages and the weights the last couple of years seem like they have skyrocketed. Best thing to do is be a good man pr husband and really talk it over with your wife or significant other, because most everything pertaining to taking care of the kids will be on her. Ive seen many a drivers lose everything because their wife couldn't handle it anymore. Then your stuck working here til your 65 years old. Its a lot to think about and a lot of consequences to face if it don't work out.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wouldnt do it, it used to be fun, it is not now. its not the job, its the management, and I dont mean personally, what they are forced to try to enforce.

Yes making friends on the route is nice, but how do you maintain those friendships, with no time. A baby and one on the way, wont go over well, with the wife when you are only home on weekends. And a few hours at night.

Most of the young guys I work with it dread it everyday, as Do I.

But since you have all the qualities, give it a shot, at least you can go back to your old position if you dont like it, or dont make it.

Lots of good advice here. Saving big time, etc. I dont know anyone who would do it again, the way it is now. Lots of people make what we do, and dont get treated like dog crap. If you like to be watched 24/7 and nit picked every morning, you will love it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah customers are always like I hear you guys make big bucks. Im like we do, but you have to work your nuttz off for that money, get home between 8 and 11 almost every night, and have no life outside of work. People are always like really? And to myself im thinking your an idiot and no way in hell you could do this job because your too soft lol.

Jas85374

I understood and thought a lot about the wear on joints, and I love the hard work. As for the significant other, the wife and I have already talked it over with each other and our families. We are lucky that they will help even with my 2nd child on the way. She also has a good carrer at the attorney generals office. So the family was necessary to bring into the discussion. If anyone was going to warn me, it damn well should have been 6.5 years ago, but thanks I'll remember the warnings, work safe, and have my BA's number on speed dial.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just remember dude, the first thing you do is stuff that 401k or IRA to the max. This is the type of job where your not guaranteed a tomorrow with your health. Its that serious the job is. You can get hurt bad in a blink of an eye and your career can end. Plus you may not want to this job for that long. A lot of us have got 10 to 25 years in driving or more and most of us not all of us are sick of the job or literally hate it because of what they have made the job become and that's the gods honest truth. Job used to be cool but all depending on your center and area of course, mostly sucks now.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
FYI. Got home at 8:40 tonight. My daughter had a school thing my wife and most parents were able to attend.... FYI started at 5:30.........just some advice, your gonna hate this friend'n job. Just be prepared.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
FYI. Got home at 8:40 tonight. My daughter had a school thing my wife and most parents were able to attend.... FYI started at 5:30.........just some advice, your gonna hate this friend'n job. Just be prepared.
Blatantly honest answer I like that BROWN. Nothing but the truth lol.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Honestly and I'm not quite sure when it happened but after about 10 years or so it feels like all I do is work for UPS weekends just fly by you have no life during the week it is all UPS. It's good money but if I had to do it all over again I would not have chose UPS as a career. I'm just being honest it's sad but true.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Honestly and I'm not quite sure when it happened but after about 10 years or so it feels like all I do is work for UPS weekends just fly by you have no life during the week it is all UPS. It's good money but if I had to do it all over again I would not have chose UPS as a career. I'm just being honest it's sad but true.
Basically ups is like crack cocain. The paycheck is the high , but you wish you would have never found out about it or tried it, and the paycheck is the high. But if it's not payday,it's hell. FYI. Just read post and am in edit right now to let people know I never have , nor ever would smoke crack. Lol.