I want to work at Fedex

DaveA

I have worked at UPS over 10 years, several of which were driving, including now. I applied online for a pt FedEx express courier job. They would be nuts not to nab me, right? I'm close to Boston and there seems to be a good number of jobs. How long does a callback take usually? Should I call to express my interest? My intent is to leave UPS. Thanks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have worked at UPS over 10 years, several of which were driving, including now. I applied online for a pt FedEx express courier job. They would be nuts not to nab me, right? I'm close to Boston and there seems to be a good number of jobs. How long does a callback take usually? Should I call to express my interest? My intent is to leave UPS. Thanks.

You would be nuts to leave UPS. Take my word for it, but I'm sure others will say essentially the same thing. FedEx is a hellhole.

Glorifiedpackmule

I Left UPS for Express. Worst decision I ever made. Still regret it. You'll be putting up with the same crap here from Managers that are far less qualified and a pay check to that's half as much. Same crap.. Far less money. Also you'll have absolutely NO representation. None.

DaveA

Hate the union and just need a part time job. Can't go full to part time at ups.

I'm really just looking for part time. My wife makes tons more than me so I'm going to become a stayat home dad.

DRAisawesome

Please tell me this is a joke. I understand you wanting to go part time. Do something you enjoy rather than come to express. Your starting pay will be what it is and no standard wage progression like majority of companies have. Good luck. And I'd say the opposite about express wanting you. They know how much you make and would be just a disgruntled employee. Just my 2 cents

Slave101

You have to be crazy to make that switch. If your wife makes good money thats great! Do yourself a favor and get a different part time position

Glorifiedpackmule

Depending on what market you're in you're gonna start around 15 at Express. You'll stay at that rate until you leave. Benefits will eat up any raise you get. You'll be expected to be available to work at any time. It's truly not worth it. It's a terrible place to work. You get all the intimidation tricks that UPS tries to pull minus 15 dollars an hour.

Glorifiedpackmule

If I needed to go back to being part time I'd probably try to get on with UPS being a package handler. Put me in the back of a feeder unloading and leave me alone for 4 hours. That'd be real nice.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Why do you hate the union?....because they take twice your hourly pay per month? I think most of the people on this board would accept that trade-off in a New York minute.

hypo hanna

Please tell me this is a joke. I understand you wanting to go part time. Do something you enjoy rather than come to express. Your starting pay will be what it is and no standard wage progression like majority of companies have. Good luck. And I'd say the opposite about express wanting you. They know how much you make and would be just a disgruntled employee. Just my 2 cents
They might see him as a gullible rube who doesn't do due research. Sounds like the kind of people they are looking for. IE; people they can take advantage of.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hate the union and just need a part time job. Can't go full to part time at ups.

I'm really just looking for part time. My wife makes tons more than me so I'm going to become a stayat home dad.

When you come to FedEx, you'll wish you had a union. They love Horatio Alger-types that want to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. The problem is there are no straps, just a boot in your ass...all the time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ah if your wife is big ballin like you say she is go work at lowes or something like that. Why go from 1 stressful job to another stressful job that pays half of what your making in the same field. Sounds kinda retarded if you ask me but that's just my opinion.