I was asked to work this saturday ( driving ) what to expect??

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
...and you are certain that the language in yours does...?
Yes. That's why my reply did not include any qualifying statements such as: 'here's what my contract says, perhaps yours has similar language'; and I included the page number for easy reference this morning, should it be a topic of discussion before the PCM.

S

selfcancelsignal

Keying every stop into the DIAD is my favorite part of working Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FYI: The Mapquest app lets you put in multiple addresses and then continues to give you quickest route for them.

Rather than waste time entering multiple addresses, why don't you ask for a print out of the map(s) for the area(s) that you will be delivering and use a highlighter to plot the optimal route?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I was planning on working today but corporate has deemed it unnecessary to run any ground with the air. I was hoping to get a jump on Monday but I guess I will just finish my Christmas shopping.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why worry about getting anything done? It's Saturday work, and we get paid by the hour.

margaritaville

Saturday driving is the best job UPS has to offer. Aside from the fact your working saturday...

All spread out and usually nothing heavy. Its pretty much cruising around and getting paid. Long as you got google maps.

UPSjedi41

Local 705. Management changed their mind on Friday morning saying myself and many other lower seniority drivers did not have to come in after all. But it sounds like if they do it again I will make them give me the 8. It almost ruined all my planned activities of the day.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sounds like corporate opted against the Saturday & Sunday sorts at the last minute. Last Friday Preload was told our district was fully committed to an expanded air sort Saturday and full sort Sunday, but midweek the Sunday sort was scrapped & Saturday expanded to full sort. Then at the last minute yesterday, we were informed the Saturday sort was off and only a handful of volunteers would be needed to assist normal Saturday air. No changes to our start time Monday...