I Was discharged this morning help

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And you'll be giving them grounds to terminate for workplace violence. Shouting can be considered assault (placing someone in fear) and I've seen 3 guys fired for it that the union couldn't get back. The only exception is stewards. Stewards may raise their voice and swear within reason while acting on behalf of members and are protected.

Sent using BrownCafe App

LOL. I've cussed at on cars and dispatch sup MANY times. I'm a fine employee, and typically just want to come in and do my job. If you try to treat me like crap or you piss me off, then we will have a VERY elevated discussion.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
LOL. I've cussed at on cars and dispatch sup MANY times. I'm a fine employee, and typically just want to come in and do my job. If you try to treat me like crap or you piss me off, then we will have a VERY elevated discussion.
I don't disagree with you--just a heads up that if they wanted to jam you up they could.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And you'll be giving them grounds to terminate for workplace violence. Shouting can be considered assault (placing someone in fear) and I've seen 3 guys fired for it that the union couldn't get back. The only exception is stewards. Stewards may raise their voice and swear within reason while acting on behalf of members and are protected.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So it doesn't matter what the employee was shouting....just that they raised their voice and said (non threatening) words? I should have been fired years ago for that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So it doesn't matter what the employee was shouting....just that they raised their voice and said (non threatening) words? I should have been fired years ago for that.
No, yelling "this place sucks" is not the same thing as shouting in a sup's face which could be construed as placing them in fear.

fres431

Don't call it yelling I call it raising my voice so they can hear me over all the belts running..you can cuss in the convo you just can't degrade ones character they don't appreciate cussing but everyone does it..just don't say "James your a friend"""IMF idiot " you can say that is beeping stupid ..also if ya getting reprimanded request a shop steward or nothing officially took place

Sent using BrownCafe App

ymelord

Your not the only one who is occasionally late "singling you out", your not the only one who cusses "singling you out, if you cuss don't direct it at anybody, it's not his mothers fault, it's the share holders, oh the hostile environment sounds to me like he created it, grow a pair and file harassment, he is willing to fire you, go after him friend-him. Be on time, mostly so they don't have anything on you. Nice guys really do finish last at ups.

Nimnim

The Nim
The general rule accepted in my location on my shift is that management and hourlies should speak with each other civilly, but if either starts using profanity/abusive language then the other side can respond in kind without repercussions. Most of us don't care and it's known who both management and hourly you don't exercise this with and we get along fine for the most part.