I was fired for Refusing to work as directed

I was fired for refusing to work as directed about 2 years ago i was with company for 7 years. My seniority was being violated and the full time manager was laughing as he was doing it, it was a Friday night that i had specifically said to him i would like to go home as soon as you cut somebody of my belt i have to wake up early the next day for a school exam. keep in mind i have to most seniority in the belt. once time came to cut people he started letting others go before me. i brought it to his attention after the second guy he let go with less seniority then me and he just laughed and i told him that it wasn't fair and that i wasn't going to continue working. he then said "well you are fired" he went upstairs and got the paper work together and my shop Stuart said that it wasn't rite what he was doing. i filed grievance rite away and my union rep will always just say he will call me back, and never did. the manager that fired me called me to apologize and said to me to file grievance to get my job back. i tried calling my union rep millions of times and never answers and when he does he always will say i call you back we are working on it. can somebody please help and advice on what to do? im from local 396

i haven't, i text him yesterday and he was like hey whats up hows everything and i reply with whats going on with my job and he didn't reply anymore. is there anybody else i could bring it up too?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Two years ago? Uhhh. At some point, I would have physically gone to the union hall.. maybe your termination is still "hanging"? I doubt it, but it's worth a shot..

i dont have money for a lawyer, it just pisses me of that every month they didnt bother taking away my union dues and when i needed them they werent there for me.

ive seen people get fired for trowing a scanner at another mans head and getting his job back, ive seen people get fire 4 or 5 times and get there job. this is people i personally know from my hub.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
ive seen people get fired for trowing a scanner at another mans head and getting his job back, ive seen people get fire 4 or 5 times and get there job. this is people i personally know from my hub.

Did you ever receive a termination/discharge letter from UPS?

Why -- after two years -- are you posting on BrownCafe to try and get your job back?

Ant12

I can't tell if this is a joke or not....it's been 2 YEARS! If you plan to talk to someone about it, do it in person because everything else that you're doing obviously isn't working. I've heard of people in my hub disappearing for months....but never years.

i tried to go in person, but nobody is ever available and they always say contact your union rep. and i didnt leave by choice, im not on here to nag or anything. i just want legit advice.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
2years ago, your done. Hate to give ya the bad news but unless you get a lwayer your not going to get job back. You should have been on the day after you got fired and everyday til you got your job back. Don't get me wrong I feel bad you lost your job because of their stupidity and arrogance but at the same time its irresponsible that you would not stay on top of it until you got your job back. Not being ignorant or anything just being completely honest with ya. Good luck and get a lawyer, whether you have to get a loan from bank or friend or family member. Good thing though if you somehow by a miracle got your job back, they would owe you back pay.

and believe its not a joke. i have 2 brother at ups one is a feeder manager and the other on is a package car driver. but different hubs. im not here to joke