I was wrong about Golf Cart Pay,it's only 8.50

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I stated in an earlier thread that Golf Cart Drivers got Cover Driver pay,but I was wrong and want to clear up that it is indeed ONLY $8.50 an hour. I misunderstood what was said at the hall and apologize for the earlier incorrect post

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are all these ppl getting back pay checks also? Since starting pay is $10.

​Why anyone would so driver helper for $8.50 is beyond me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They herd them through our building all the time in the morning this time of the year, most of them quit in no time. There is no way in the world that I would sit by the phone hoping to get a phone call to go to work for a few hours at $8.50. It's Peak Season, the company does get away with this. I don't understand how they get away with paying part time employees a lesser amount, it's seems they should at least match inside pay.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think people should stop with their entitlement attitude. If you cant live off of 8.50 an hour and few hours, then dont come to ups. If you are a grown adult, it won't pay your bills or anything, go seek other employment opportunities. Don't blame ups, blame yourself for wasting away your life and only capable of getting 8.50 an hour jobs because you slackened off when you were young. Just my 2 cents.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are all these ppl getting back pay checks also? Since starting pay is $10.

​Why anyone would so driver helper for $8.50 is beyond me.
I believe it's only 8/hr for seasonal helpers in my building. But ups gives them a $100 bonus in their last check if the helper works every day they're asked to report for the season....lol

I stated in an earlier thread that Golf Cart Drivers got Cover Driver pay,but I was wrong and want to clear up that it is indeed ONLY $8.50 an hour. I misunderstood what was said at the hall and apologize for the earlier incorrect post

But you still get to drive an awesome golf cart, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think people should stop with their entitlement attitude. If you cant live off of 8.50 an hour and few hours, then dont come to ups. If you are a grown adult, it won't pay your bills or anything, go seek other employment opportunities. Don't blame ups, blame yourself for wasting away your life and only capable of getting 8.50 an hour jobs because you slackened off when you were young. Just my 2 cents.

While I do agree that there are some members here with a huge sense of entitlement, I would be hard pressed to bust my ass as a driver helper for $8.50/hr, sitting by the phone waiting for the call and hoping to work a few hours each day. The way UPS treats their helpers is bs.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
$12.88 an hour. With no guarantees on hours or even working at all.

In Central States ONLY, but per the new contract (80% of starting driver pay) should be raised to $15.00. I presume all seasonal employees will, at some point, get cut a check for the difference.

On the flip side, the pay's the same no matter how long you've worked for UPS: e.g. a seasonal employee will earn the same rate as a 15-year employee. Is that true elsewhere? Does a helper in Los Angeles earn $8.50, even if he's been with the company for 15-years? Or does he earn his regular rate of pay?

I believe it's only 8/hr for seasonal helpers in my building. But ups gives them a $100 bonus in their last check if the helper works every day they're asked to report for the season....lol

In most areas, 2008 was the last year they offered the $100 bonus.