I will never understand....

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
"Ok guys, air is late. Get on the road and we'll shuttle it out to you."
2 hrs later a shuttle guy brings you 5 pieces of air which will cost you an extra hour to deliver, since you'll be going back over areas you already were in.
Shuttle guy is back to to the building by noon. Sits there for a few hours. Clocks off early.
WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE SHUTTLE GUYS DELIVER THE AIR????

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
"Ok guys, air is late. Get on the road and we'll shuttle it out to you."
2 hrs later a shuttle guy brings you 5 pieces of air which will cost you an extra hour to deliver, since you'll be going back over areas you already were in.
Shuttle guy is back to to the building by noon. Sits there for a few hours. Clocks off early.
They won’t be able to code them off for safety all day if they deliver. They would go up routes which would affect a center manager’s bonus. It’s like legalized insider trading.

Stupid. Shuttle guy makes the same amount either way (assuming he's an RPCD).
So a shuttle guy codes under safety???? I guess if it's preventing egress....

Always give the shuttle guy two addresses behind you so it takes him an hour to actually find you.
I've already learned that you don't go out of your way to meet up with a shuttle guy. Let them come to you; fell for the whole "meet me 15 minutes outside your route" thing one time and that was one time too many

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It’s coded to feeder, centers are allowed a certain number of routes/ drivers per upper management. Gain some seniority and maybe you can run shuttle. Until then shut it

hellfire

I've already learned that you don't go out of your way to meet up with a shuttle guy. Let them come to you; fell for the whole "meet me 15 minutes outside your route" thing one time and that was one time too many
Thought you newbies wanted OT

It’s coded to feeder, centers are allowed a certain number of routes/ drivers per upper management. Gain some seniority and maybe you can run shuttle. Until then shut it
Just curious, never made sense to me until I read this thread. I've ran shuttle before, gravy train

RolloTony Brown Town

Just curious, never made sense to me until I read this thread. I've ran shuttle before, gravy train
Don’t kid yourself son.

I am an on car. It still makes no sense to code 3-4 guys as shuttle. Let one stop get delivered by one of them and hear about it all day because ONE STOP affects a stupid number. We get caught chasing the wrong thing so many times. This is one of those times.

Late air brought to you is coded as shuttle but is coded to the center, not feeders. It’s absolute stupidity. Feeder shuttles run on a schedule that has specific days and work moving from one specific center to another.

hellfire

Don’t kid yourself son.

I am an on car. It still makes no sense to code 3-4 guys as shuttle. Let one stop get delivered by one of them and hear about it all day because ONE STOP affects a stupid number. We get caught chasing the wrong thing so many times. This is one of those times.

Late air brought to you is coded as shuttle but is coded to the center, not feeders. It’s absolute stupidity. Feeder shuttles run on a schedule that has specific days and work moving from one specific center to another.
Do you want me to take a picture of the Diad codes when I run late air shuttle?????? Per my center manager it’s feeder..

RolloTony Brown Town

Sure. I’ll tell you if it’s feeders or not. When late air is shuttled our to drivers it’s coded to the center, not feeders. Under the code unscheduled shuttle to maintain the illusion of stops per car but still affects NDPPH. But just get it done, blah blah blah.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Because then that shuttle driver is shown as a driver on road.

The center is only allowed a certain numbers of drivers on road, usually based on volume. They must meet that number even if they have to lie, cheat and steal.

I am an on car. It still makes no sense to code 3-4 guys as shuttle. Let one stop get delivered by one of them and hear about it all day because ONE STOP affects a stupid number.

You're on ORS and you don't realize that the only thing this Company cares about is a number on a piece of paper.

They will spend millions if they have to just to achieve that number.

Case in point. These shuttle drivers. Driving around, setting up meet points, meeting drivers, even though they may not be making driver rate, is costing the Company more money than these shuttle drivers delivering the airs, but that would affect that number on a piece of paper. Hell no.

Under the code unscheduled shuttle to maintain the illusion of stops

You have to maintain that fictional number on a piece of paper, even if you have to cheat to get it.

And yes, it has gotten worse. Sometimes I feel sorry for you guys, but I didn't force you into supervision. It is far different than it was 20 years ago, maybe even from just 10 years ago.

RolloTony Brown Town

You're on ORS and you don't realize that the only thing this Company cares about is a number on a piece of paper.

They will spend millions if they have to just to achieve that number.

Who said I don’t realize it? I said it’s stupid. Believe it or not management at all levels see what you see. The difference is you just complain and I have to answer for it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Who said I don’t realize it? I said it’s stupid. Believe it or not management at all levels see what you see. The difference is you just complain and I have to answer for it.

I don't complain about it and I do have an answer for it.

Let the Center Managers do their job and manage.

It may look good to IE and Corporate on paper, but that's not necessarily the real world.

A center manager should have been able to make the call and let the shuttle drivers deliver that air and save the Company money.

He may not have met that number, but he met the Company's number one goal....make money.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do you want me to take a picture of the Diad codes when I run late air shuttle?????? Per my center manager it’s feeder..

Sure. I’ll tell you if it’s feeders or not. When late air is shuttled our to drivers it’s coded to the center, not feeders. Under the code unscheduled shuttle to maintain the illusion of stops per car but still affects NDPPH. But just get it done, blah blah blah.
To be fair, our air shuttle runs are coded to feeders. Maybe the carry over with shuttle (miles) gets charged to feeders in some applications?

When we were told to stop what we were doing every day for 10-15 min and search the load for misloads they told us to code it "approved meeting".

Heck, we could've charged that to feeders too!:no: