I wonder if leaving UPS was the right decision..

Zowert

They had one of these in my area and during last peak season it was broken into and every single package was stolen. They used it as overfill for a route or two, dropped it off at an Office Depot parking lot so they could go back and fill up to do the later half of their route. Only when they got back the door was pried open. I think it was even on the local news. Porch pirates went on a trailer heist.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Supplement boosts it to $1 but really who cares still.
Pulling one is not the end of the world, first thing you do is park the thing at a n industry business that does not mind it sitting there.

The home depot does not seem like the smartest place IMO
I had a heated shop bay I could drop it in, on route. It was the warmest I was all during peak.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
None at my location. Air drivers always shuttle out.
We use them here for accounts that get a lot of delivery pieces and pick up pieces. Driver will leave it at their dock in the morning after emptying it, and pick it up in the evening after they cram it full of pick up pieces. They also use them for satellite routes.

opey

we use one in my center every day, its only used for a single pickup on a pretty heavy wholesale route. leaves empty, is dropped off first (or almost first, depending if there are easy air stops to drop on the way on the same commercial street) at a business who puts their pieces in it during the day. then its picked up last, before heading back to the building, which is also after the business is closed.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We have one route that drops off an empty in the morning at a bulk pickup, and picks it up in the afternoon. Then there’s two drivers that pull TP60s to a three driver satellite. We only get $0.10 an hour extra.

El Correcto

god is dead
They had one of these in my area and during last peak season it was broken into and every single package was stolen. They used it as overfill for a route or two, dropped it off at an Office Depot parking lot so they could go back and fill up to do the later half of their route. Only when they got back the door was pried open. I think it was even on the local news. Porch pirates went on a trailer heist.
I would of been so bummed out to pull up to that :censored2: box and find out I have no more stops left. I would of informed management as I punched out.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Southern Supplement you get .10 extra an hour all day, no matter how long you pull it. This also goes for uhaul trailers during peak, doesn’t sound like much but it adds up. You code it out under other work, additional equipment.

BrownThunder

We have several of those at our hub. Never pulled one, but apparently what they do is drop it off at a location known for large pickups and leave it there all day for them to fill up. Once the pickup time arrives, the driver just hooks up completes the stop and goes.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Southern Supplement you get .10 extra an hour all day, no matter how long you pull it. This also goes for uhaul trailers during peak, doesn’t sound like much but it adds up. You code it out under other work, additional equipment.

.10 an hour, assuming a 12-hour day, is $1.40 per day. A driver with six weeks vacation works an average of 220 days per year — that adds up to an extra $308/year. Payroll taxes knocks that down to $284/year. The average driver is likely in the 25% tax bracket, dropping it to $214. State tax average is roughly 4.5%, yielding $200 take home.

I’m not sure I’d want the responsibility of pulling that for an extra $200/year in my pocket, unless it gave me an easy hour or bonus.

Heavy Package

Southern Supplement you get .10 extra an hour all day, no matter how long you pull it.

Yup - We had one get pulled out to a satellite route. Bid driver retires and then they put the route back in the center on a car to save the $0.10 / hr. UPS - spend thousands to save dimes. LMAO.

old levi's

blank space
And if the satellite route blew out, all of the cardboard that wouldn't fit on the trl. was thrown in the back of the truck. Extra work and time lost.