I wonder if leaving UPS was the right decision..

old levi's

blank space
It was always something with the trl.

They would spot it on the dock with a flat tire, the yard apes would continually break the cable attached to the E-brake, the lever on the coupler sleeve would break off, somebody would bend the jack stand, your truck would be wrapped up but the trl. was not

opey

You have to make the proper entries in the diad to be paid, that alone was not worth the pittance received after the fact.
which would be? is it other work? it has the tp60 task in the board (twice) and i put in the trailer # and couple/uncouple twice. is there anything else? honestly its maybe 20 minutes total max pulling it anyway

old levi's

blank space
which would be? is it other work? it has the tp60 task in the board (twice) and i put in the trailer # and couple/uncouple twice. is there anything else? honestly its maybe 20 minutes total max pulling it anyway

ask your on road, it was other work outside of your breaks, confusing then and forgotten now
I quit doing it because I didn't care about the nickel

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
We got 4 of those bawse. Two use daily on routes for bulk stops and the other two for backup/shuttle peak packages out to drivers.

ManInBrown

I did package for years before I moved to feeders. Does it suck? Yes? Does it get old with them harassing you for every little thing? Yes. Does it get old spending your whole entire waking day working, unlike a 9-5? Yes. But you can either do the job, or you can’t. Anyone that leaves without having something exponentially better to fall back on couldn’t handle everything that comes along with the job. Plain and simple. It’s not that hard of a job. You can either do it, or you can’t. Every single poster on here crying (rightfully so) every day about how much they hate the job, can do it in their sleep.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
To the original poster's thread title, leaving UPS is probably one of your best decisions in your life. It used to be a good job, but I no longer recommend working here to anybody I care for.

We have about a dozen TP-60s in the building I work out of. We put about 150 routes on the road every day. Most of them are dropped off with a bulk stop and the shipper fills it up with pickup pieces at the end of the day. I know of one that is used to shuttle out loads to a couple of satellite routes.

One of the funniest sights I ever saw was when I got behind one traveling up I-75 on my return to building drive. The driver had two flat tires on the right side and he was dragging it on bare rims up the interstate. Sparks were flying everywhere, it looked like a fireworks show. The idiot did fishing competitions on the weekend and was in a hurry to get off work. He got fired the first time for this. He gets a second chance and got fired for taking a leak in somebody's driveway later on.