jadam

Sorry this is long. My Steward doesnt know jack squat about anything Since i started working Saturdays in October every monday my supervisor has been working my area because no one is trained to do my job and they cant even staff our local sort. I filed a grievance under article 3 sec 7 last week. In the statement of facts I wrote "I have notified management that I am available to work monday until they train/hire someone for my job" and I also signed the extra work sheet posted. I called my my manager monday morning asking if was able to work my reload shift that night because they have a supervisor doing union work. He stated because I worked saturday that I couldn't work monday and he would make sure no managers would be doing hourly work. Not surprised when i got a call from a driver stewart that a manager was doing my job. So with that I'm about to file another grievance. -When I file this grievance should I approach this one differently?? - Under Remedy am I correct that because my sup worked more than 2 hours I can ask for double time the rate of my pay??​

542thruNthru

Sorry this is long. My Steward doesnt know jack squat about anything Since i started working Saturdays in October every monday my supervisor has been working my area because no one is trained to do my job and they cant even staff our local sort. I filed a grievance under article 3 sec 7 last week. In the statement of facts I wrote "I have notified management that I am available to work monday until they train/hire someone for my job" and I also signed the extra work sheet posted. I called my my manager monday morning asking if was able to work my reload shift that night because they have a supervisor doing union work. He stated because I worked saturday that I couldn't work monday and he would make sure no managers would be doing hourly work. Not surprised when i got a call from a driver stewart that a manager was doing my job. So with that I'm about to file another grievance. -When I file this grievance should I approach this one differently?? - Under Remedy am I correct that because my sup worked more than 2 hours I can ask for double time the rate of my pay??

No you are not correct. If he/she worked under 2 hours you would be correct. If they work over two hours you get "four (4) hours at straight time or actual hours worked at double time the employee's rate of pay. Which ever is greater."

jadam

No you are not correct. If he/she worked under 2 hours you would be correct. If they work over two hours you get "four (4) hours at straight time or actual hours worked at double time the employee's rate of pay. Which ever is greater."
Okay, so under remedy I should just quote that section and let the union take it from

jadam

How many hours is he working? Also make sure you have a witness. I honestly would put double time down as the remedy.
The driver steward witnessed this and the supervisor that was working actually texted me that he was working. reload tends to be about 3 hours

542thruNthru

I filed on a sup driving and I never got paid...such a strong union.................................

I looked into your grievance and figured out what happen. You actually did get paid. In remedy you wrote.

"Give Alabama a easy division 2 schedule and Roll Tide."

So unless they forgot to Roll Tide I'd say you were made whole.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I looked into your grievance and figured out what happen. You actually did get paid. In remedy you wrote.

"Give Alabama a easy division 2 schedule and Roll Tide."

So unless they forgot to Roll Tide I'd say you were made whole.
I never actually fill out paperwork...we just email the business agent and he replies and cc’s the center manager and someone else...he probably writes a separate email asking where they’re meeting for lunch...I have to say I am a tad nervous for the iron bowl this year. But do you think I give a GOTDAM? Roll tide roll!