I worked 13 hours this week

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am a FT driver and haven't had the experience of being really laid off until this week. I am used to the occasional Monday off which is nice because I get a 3 day weekend, but only working 13 hours a week is brutal!

Not only is it financially tough, but I honestly get bored during the day when I run out of stuff to do. I hope the volume picks up next week lol

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Most drivers start off their career like this. Then one day in the future you'll likely look back on these days as your happiest.

JL 0513

It was a very light week. I barely made my 40 and that's having to use a personal day because I was offered a day off due to cuts.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm sure down the road I will look back and cherish these days off. But right now I would prefer to work 4 days a week lol

NonDeliverOtherMissed

File partial unemployment due to lack of work...claim what u made and unemployment will pay you the rest up to a certain amount....that's what I did as a part time cover years ago when I was barely working...better than workin the hub....I miss the days of callin in and having no work or running air for 2 hrs and going home...but then again didn't have the responsibilitys I have now...a day here n there would be nice tho

ups1990

It was in the mid 70s here today. The ice in my Yeti cup almost melted.
I hear you. Yesterday after the the sun went down, it dropped down to the mid-sixties and I proceeded to put my vest on and kicked the side floor vent back in.

To the OP, don't worry. Driver vacations will soon kick in and you'll be working and going out on routes cold. Start strecthing those hammies.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a FT driver and haven't had the experience of being really laid off until this week. I am used to the occasional Monday off which is nice because I get a 3 day weekend, but only working 13 hours a week is brutal!

Not only is it financially tough, but I honestly get bored during the day when I run out of stuff to do. I hope the volume picks up next week lol
Does your supplement not guarantee you 8 hours? You can't bump inside? Full-time means exactly that.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our center is small. The only thing I would be able to do is preload if someone were to call in sick or shuttle air

Rack em

Made the Podium
So you're saying because I'm FT I can tell some PT preloader to stay home so I can work? If thats the case, I couldnt do that. Those poor preloaders need all the hours they can get. And what happens if there are multiple laid off drivers?

Also I do remember our contract states the lowest seniority driver is only guaranteed 4 hours per day.