Idaho driver pay rate

bdmiz

let me clarify, i am transferring from california to idaho. I am curious if there are any idaho drivers here that can share some info, or point me in the right direction.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would guess it would probably be within 50 cents an hour from where you are now. The pay rates don't vary that much nationwide

11.19igrad

It's allowed in the western region. You lose building seniority, but maintain company seniority for the purpose of accruing vacation.
interesting. so you keep your classification and pay right? its more about rights to bid on routes essentially? what if the hub ur moving to has all routes claimed? or did you verify a spot prior to moving?

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
interesting. so you keep your classification and pay right? its more about rights to bid on routes essentially? what if the hub ur moving to has all routes claimed? or did you verify a spot prior to moving?
You get the transfer when they need drivers; you’re essentially an outside hire. You’ll be at the bottom of the seniority list, so a cover driver or 22.4

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You get the transfer when they need drivers; you’re essentially an outside hire. You’ll be at the bottom of the seniority list, so a cover driver or 22.4

I haven't seen anything that says you could be forced from RPCD to 22.4 in a transfer. I suppose you could accept a 22.4 position, but it should work that every 7th RPCD opening goes to a transfer if there is one. But yes, you start at the bottom for bidding and picking vacation weeks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My mistake; you can from SoCal, not NorCal. Different contracts. Good luck, OP.

Should be anywhere in the western region to anywhere else in the western region. I guess NorCal is it's own region? Or simply has its own separate supplement? I could put my name on the list to transfer to Hawaii if I wanted.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Right, they have to have an opening. You may or may not get a route upon transfer. The rpcd's without routes in my area are referred to as cut drivers or cover drivers. Still full RPCD, though.

Check on your medical. I believe in JC3 you need 80 hours in the last two months to be covered. So hopefully your medical in California will cover you over that period.