Idaho mass murderer apprehended

over9five

Staff member
All those genealogy companies are fronts for the FBI. Anybody stupid enough to mail in their DNA is now a public record.
They send you a fancy piece of paper saying your ancestor was a Scottish king. You're happy with the piece of paper. The FBIs happy with your DNA in their database....

allahuakbar

She/Her
All those genealogy companies are fronts for the FBI. Anybody stupid enough to mail in their DNA is now a public record.
They send you a fancy piece of paper saying your ancestor was a Scottish king. You're happy with the piece of paper. The FBIs happy with your DNA in their database....
They’re owned by the Mormons also.

Box Ox

Yep. Bad idea to go around murdering if you’ve taken a mail-in DNA test.

El Correcto

god is dead
Not even his dna in the database, it was someone related to him.

They caught the golden state killer the same way, familial dna testing. Even if you never slip up and end up in a police data base or take a dna testing kit yourself, they can still nail you if your family has.

It’s a semi controversial thing, but with results like these it’s hard to argue against. I think they still had a shot at nailing him without it though, people spotted his white Elantra fleeing and cops were looking out for the car requesting more info on it from the public.

El Correcto

god is dead
PS, I think the victims families should be able to vote on the method of execution.
Chair
Firing Squad
Lethal injection

Perhaps let one family member throw the switch themself.
Idaho used to have firing squad as an option, sadly they don’t anymore.
I would aim right for that guys balls if I ended up on the firing line.

over9five

Staff member
That's the truly scary part. Even if you've never submitted a test to a genealogy database, enough of your relatives (known and unknown) have.
That is scary, and should be illegal.
A test that had nothing to do with you, and you never consented.

over9five

Staff member
Now we gotta worry about our :censored2: relatives giving their DNA away.
I can't even imagine doing that. THE single most personal piece of information about yourself....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Now we gotta worry about our :censored2: relatives giving their DNA away.
I can't even imagine doing that. THE single most personal piece of information about yourself....
Don't be a criminal? On the flip side, folk have been exonerated due to dna, like a gal claiming you the papa. Thank you HayZues!

Box Ox

Not even his dna in the database, it was someone related to him.

They caught the golden state killer the same way, familial dna testing.

Yep. If you're thinking about going around murdering you should also tell family members to not take the mail-in DNA tests.

Mutineer

That is scary, and should be illegal.
A test that had nothing to do with you, and you never consented.

The problem is the tests were willfully submitted.

When you "submit" your garbage can to the street, no warrant is needed for law enforcement to dig through yer trash.

The cops are looking for you. And they think they might know where one of your relatives lives. On garbage day, the cops look through the trash your relative "submitted" and finds your name and address on an envelope. Busted!

It really isn't any different than that.

Mutineer

Yep. If you're thinking about going around murdering you should tell family members to not take the mail-in DNA tests.

Even IF you made that arrangement, it is possible that enough of your unknown distant relatives have submitted enough DNA to very easily find YOU.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yep. If you're thinking about going around murdering you should also tell family members to not take the mail-in DNA tests.
He :censored2:ed up leaving dna to begin with. Once they get that it is only a matter of time before someone so unhinged ends up in the system and ends up matching to that brutal crime.

Same thing happened to that Odd Job actor from the James Bond series.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Poor kid isn't receiving proper press.
The talking heads keep neglecting to say that he is the alleged killer.
They have already convicted him.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Poor kid isn't receiving proper press.
The talking heads keep neglecting to say that he is the alleged killer.
They have already convicted him.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this bad before. Just shows how low we’ve sunk as a country. No more innocent until proven guilty.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He :censored2:ed up leaving dna to begin with. Once they get that it is only a matter of time before someone so unhinged ends up in the system and ends up matching to that brutal crime.

Same thing happened to that Odd Job actor from the James Bond series.
Question is how much DNA did they find ?
Where was the DNA found ?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Don't be a criminal? On the flip side, folk have been exonerated due to dna, like a gal claiming you the papa. Thank you HayZues!
I was arrested for theft movable property when I was in my 20s.
They made everyone booked into jail do a mouth swab.
I was never prosecuted. Case was dismissed.
The government still has my DNA. I am not a criminal.