identity theft could affect your pension

kenco80233

As I filled out my form about re-employment from the Central States Pension fund,I signed the form that I am not,or have no worked since I retired in 2003,also a form giving them permission to check my social security records.I am sitting here wondering,that with all the reports of identity theft occuring in the U.S.today,if I became a victum of identity theft in the future,it could have a devistating impact on my family.My wife thinks that I am being paranoid.

brett636

As I filled out my form about re-employment from the Central States Pension fund,I signed the form that I am not,or have no worked since I retired in 2003,also a form giving them permission to check my social security records.I am sitting here wondering,that with all the reports of identity theft occuring in the U.S.today,if I became a victum of identity theft in the future,it could have a devistating impact on my family.My wife thinks that I am being paranoid.

I suppose its possible, but for the most part identities aren't stolen to get work, they are stolen to secure credit. Stranger things have happened, but most likely if your identity was stolen you would have a bunch of credit cards opened in your name or your current credit cards maxxed out as well as your bank accounts drained. Its kind of frightening what your social security number gives people access too.