Idiots on the road

Zowert

I got rear ended by an idiot texting and driving yesterday. I was sitting at a red light when all of a sudden BAM! There wasn’t much damage to the package car but the KIA that hit me was totaled. The crazy part: It was a younger woman (mid 20’s maybe), right after the crash she got out of her car and simply WALKED AWAY! Didn’t run or sneak, just walked away. I was confused because by the time I got out to check on the driver there was no one there. I’m thinking, “Wtf, did a ghost just hit me?” Luckily there were several witnesses at the scene who stopped and waited for the police with me (they even stuck around to meet my supe). One was a motorist that said the woman almost hit her a couple blocks away, said she saw her texting with two hands while driving. The other was a pedestrian that saw her get out of her car, pick her phone up off the floor board and walk away from the scene.

Not sure if they caught her but I was able to continue my route like nothing happened. It was so bizarre. Anyway, I’d like to hear your craziest encounter with an idiot on the road, if you have one. I’m sure someone here can top mine.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, there was the sleeper team that got shot up by some road rager in Baltimore some years back. I don't know all the details, no one was killed but at least one of the sleeper team guys was injured.

Indecisi0n

Was she black?
ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small.gif

clean hairy

The big rig drivers that change lanes on the interstate that do not bother checking, and change lanes nearly shearing off the nose of a 4 wheeler.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got rear ended by an idiot texting and driving yesterday. I was sitting at a red light when all of a sudden BAM! There wasn’t much damage to the package car but the KIA that hit me was totaled. The crazy part: It was a younger woman (mid 20’s maybe), right after the crash she got out of her car and simply WALKED AWAY! Didn’t run or sneak, just walked away. I was confused because by the time I got out to check on the driver there was no one there. I’m thinking, “Wtf, did a ghost just hit me?” Luckily there were several witnesses at the scene who stopped and waited for the police with me (they even stuck around to meet my supe). One was a motorist that said the woman almost hit her a couple blocks away, said she saw her texting with two hands while driving. The other was a pedestrian that saw her get out of her car, pick her phone up off the floor board and walk away from the scene.

Not sure if they caught her but I was able to continue my route like nothing happened. It was so bizarre. Anyway, I’d like to hear your craziest encounter with an idiot on the road, if you have one. I’m sure someone here can top mine.

Massive parking lot with a huge entrance. Prob an acre with an entrance you could park 5-6 cars wide in.

Old man (who clearly has no business driving) starts to pull into traffic at literally 1 mph. I’m staying back keeping my distance because this just doesn’t seem good. Decides the car a half mile away doing 30 is too close. Puts it in reverse and starts backing up towards me. At this point I just slam the horn. Nothing. In slow motion he backs into me. He then pulls up about 5 feet and starts backing up to me again. I slam the horn again. Nothing. Finally I jump out of the truck and beat on his back window to get him to stop.

rod

Retired 22 years
Massive parking lot with a huge entrance. Prob an acre with an entrance you could park 5-6 cars wide in.

Old man (who clearly has no business driving) starts to pull into traffic at literally 1 mph. I’m staying back keeping my distance because this just doesn’t seem good. Decides the car a half mile away doing 30 is too close. Puts it in reverse and starts backing up towards me. At this point I just slam the horn. Nothing. In slow motion he backs into me. He then pulls up about 5 feet and starts backing up to me again. I slam the horn again. Nothing. Finally I jump out of the truck and beat on his back window to get him to stop.
I wondered what the hell that noise was

ManInBrown

She was probably drunk. That’s the old get out of a DWI trick. You get into an accident drunk, leave the scene. Call the cops 6 hours later when you sober up and tell them you just panicked and left. Even if they suspect you were drunk they can’t do a thing about it. Leaving the scene of an accident and a couple other tickets beats a DWI with a license suspension.

oldngray

nowhere special
She was probably drunk. That’s the old get out of a DWI trick. You get into an accident drunk, leave the scene. Call the cops 6 hours later when you sober up and tell them you just panicked and left. Even if they suspect you were drunk they can’t do a thing about it. Leaving the scene of an accident and a couple other tickets beats a DWI with a license suspension.
I was hit while parked and the guy fled the scene and hid his car in his Mom's garage. Nowhere to be found until the next day.

ManInBrown

I was hit while parked and the guy fled the scene and hid his car in his Mom's garage. Nowhere to be found until the next day.
Yup. It’s the oldest trick in the book. You can’t be charged with DWI. But i wouldn’t take the vehicle. You just leave it there and leave the scene on foot.

sorefeet

Had a (asian) woman come to a dead stop in front of me at a green light at a very busy intersection, she then must of realized she was giing the wrong way and proceeded to do a 6 point turn in the middle of the intersection.

Zowert

Given the fact there were witnesses, are you being charged with an accident, and being taken out of service?
It was already ruled “unavoidable“ this morning. Manager said it won’t count as anything against me since I was just sitting at the light and there was absolutely nothing I could’ve done to avoid it. I have no idea what UPS is going to about the other driver, it was essentially a hit and run. Some paint was chipped and the rear bumper bent up a little bit on the package car. My guess is they’ll just write it off and forget about it.

Supe asked me if I was okay, I told him I was fine. The paramedics checked me out at the scene as a precaution, said I was good to go. So I finished the route. The whole ordeal took about two hours, they sent me pick up help and I was done by 8pm.

Zowert

Had a (asian) woman come to a dead stop in front of me at a green light at a very busy intersection, she then must of realized she was giing the wrong way and proceeded to do a 6 point turn in the middle of the intersection.
Good god. That kind of crap makes me irrationally angry. There is a street on my route that is so famous for people doing U-turns in the middle of it that everyone here has dubbed it “U-Turn Way”. It’s a tight street too so people jockey their vehicle back and forth at least four times to turn around. These idiots will come to a dead stop even when there are six cars behind them and pull a multiple point u-turn. Selfish, stupid and often dangerous. If I’m behind them I lay on my horn the entire time they’re holding everyone up.