If brown goes on strike.......(repost)

DontThrowPackages

No response was given the first time so I thought I would make its on thread. Is there any validity in this paragraph or rather close to impossible of ever happening...

"..Brown drivers should not balk at their next contract offer. This time around, they have no leverage thanks to Green. Can you imagine a Brown walkout and everyone is wondering why Green has stopped running? It because they scabbed their way over to a place where they will do the exact same job but at 3Xs the pay, vacation and medical. Yes Brown has no Leverage this time around. Would be a very bad day for the Green owners and the Brown drivers for sure. Heck, might even see Purple break an ankle to change colors. July 31 2013 could be a very interesting time."
No disrespect to anyone, just thinking out loud.

packageguy

It's a different time, our last strike in 1997, everybody was working life was good. When people see what we make, medical, pension... people will not respect us. Look around the country, not good. We work hard we know this, but the customer see us at there front door with a package, they dont know what we go through..

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a couple of " On Strike" signs left over from years gone by. If all the hourlies at UPS had the same attitude as upstate you would all be making 10 bucks an hour with no benefits. You don't go on strike to get sympathy from the public--you do it to improve your life or at the very least maintain what others have fought hard to get you. To hell with the public--they are just jealous that you are one of the few left (other than government workers) who still make a decent living with benefits. I always found that those who did the least (mostly welfare rats) were the ones who gave me the hardest time about what I earned. Don't be afraid to ask for more---UPS damn well won't offer more if nobody is asking. The last I saw UPS was still doing quite well.

packageguy

I've got a couple of " On Strike" signs left over from years gone by. If all the hourlies at UPS had the same attitude as upstate you would all be making 10 bucks an hour with no benefits. You don't go on strike to get sympathy from the public--you do it to improve your life or at the very least maintain what others have fought hard to get you. To hell with the public--they are just jealous that you are one of the few left (other than government workers) who still make a decent living with benefits. I always found that those who did the least (mostly welfare rats) were the ones who gave me the hardest time about what I earned. Don't be afraid to ask for more---UPS damn well won't offer more if nobody is asking. The last I saw UPS was still doing quite well.

I am not saying not to strike, and no sympathy here, we are in different times,