if Brown ruined Xmas, was this the Valentine's day massacre??

if we. (UPS) "so called, ruined Xmas" What do our customers, think about us on Valentine's day?? The entire east coast from, Georgia to New England..got blasted with snow and ice. How do you think the public, is going to trust us the rest of the year? UPS can not control the weather! But we didnt need another black eye.....this soon ,after peak! What do you think??

kingOFchester

if we. (UPS) "so called, ruined Xmas" What do our customers, think about us on Valentine's day?? The entire east coast from, Georgia to New England..got blasted with snow and ice. How do you think the public, is going to trust us the rest of the year? UPS can not control the weather! But we didnt need another black eye.....this soon ,after peak! What do you think??

UPS can't control the weather. But in my world they could have more staff then the minimum they chose to work with. They could of had those who clocked out at 4pm do to not enough work go out and help those who were slammed,,,,,,or better yet balance the work better.

They could of sent us out instead of holding us for airs but then cutting us lose before the airs came. 1000's of missed packages that could of been delivered had management at center level were allowed to manage. I mean really, holding us for 45 minutes, but then deciding to let us go. As I drove out the gate, the air trailer was pulling in. 75 routes sitting for 45 minutes for nothing is crazy. That is like 8 trips worth of work could of been done in those 45 minutes while we were all sitting there doing nothing and then still had air meets. Dumbies.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It is the drivers' consensus that customer service has been going downhill for years. If UPS could put customers first...maybe they'd be a little more forgiving when packages are late due to circumstances beyond the company's control.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Us preloaders don't see the customer side of things too much.....the only example would be management's insistence that we load damaged packages. That pisses me off....I'm not loading some mangled POS box for a driver to deliver....just because you wrap it up like a football with tape doesn't mean the customer isn't going to flip out with they receive it.

Us preloaders don't see the customer side of things too much.....the only example would be management's insistence that we load damaged packages. That pisses me off....I'm not loading some mangled POS box for a driver to deliver....just because you wrap it up like a football with tape doesn't mean the customer isn't going to flip out with they receive it.
I never have one of those, In my truck!....not...lol

barnyard

KTM rider
It is the drivers' consensus that customer service has been going downhill for years.

As long as we are a public company, I would expect this to continue. Cutting costs has been a priority since I have joined the company. Until the BOD can 'sell' a high level of service to shareholders, cost cutting will continue.

I read about all the troubles at other centers and really do not see it at my center. Our average paid day is down from peak and on forecast bad weather days, we usually have extra cars in.

We'll see what happens on Monday. We have a winter storm forecast and a full slate of PH and split days. It seems like my center manager tries hard to take some of the pressure off, but we do have a few that turn into dairy farmers when that happens. Bums me out. They are ruining it for everyone.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's wrong for them to expect drivers to deliver damaged packages. And sometimes i'ts dangerous.....I've seen loaders loading mangled, open overweights. Drivers get hurt sometimes, but I'd hate for it to be my fault that they got hurt because I was too lazy to tape a box.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just because it's on the car doesn't mean you have to deliver it.

We were projected to have 6,800 pieces of ground volume on V-Day but only received 5,200. Our Louisville air was on time but the Philly was late. They brought in enough air drivers to deliver the late air and as far as I know anything V-Day related that made it to the center was put out for delivery.

Just because it's on the car doesn't mean you have to deliver it.

We were projected to have 6,800 pieces of ground volume on V-Day but only received 5,200. Our Louisville air was on time but the Philly was late. They brought in enough air drivers to deliver the late air and as far as I know anything V-Day related that made it to the center was put out for delivery.
If Its in bad shape.....I dont not deliver it. Yes I made an attempt, on everything in my package car. At the same time, several loads didnt make it to our building. Another let down customer..or 100 ! We had no saturday plans to get the volume off. The customers are really getting the short end of the stick! again!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The question would be, could our competition do any better in the same weather? We were shut down two days here last week, I didn't get mail for three days.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
all I know is that I didn't get nothing for valentines day from my ol man so I signed up here to get some needed attention.

ive worked for ups for about 7 years part time and 10 years in feeder and I am a beech. a good lookin one too!!!!!!!!!!!

now give me some attention. I wanna make my ol man jealous. hes got his fat ass in front of the telly drinkin a beer and ignoring my advances.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
all I know is that I didn't get nothing for valentines day from my ol man so I signed up here to get some needed attention.

ive worked for ups for about 7 years part time and 10 years in feeder and I am a beech. a good lookin one too!!!!!!!!!!!

now give me some attention. I wanna make my ol man jealous. hes got his fat ass in front of the telly drinkin a beer and ignoring my advances.
Are you Kim's mom? Just had a feeder flashback from about 5 years ago..lol. But admitting you're an attention whore is half the battle...lol. Classiest post...ever!

Last edited:

Maybe his package, needs a little exta attention!..lol

Indecisi0n

This is what happens when you are running with a skeleton crew. Everything seems to be OK on paper but in reality it's crazy hectic and we just skim by everyday. Anytime any little wrench is thrown into the mix we fall and hard.