If my personal days get denied, can I get in trouble for using my personal days for those dates?

John38

I have an up coming family event coming up that I really can't miss. My question is if I request to use 2 my personal days for this event and they get denied, I plan on using 2 of my sick days. Can I get in trouble for this?

By The Book

I have an up coming family event coming up that I really can't miss. My question is if I request to use 2 my personal days for this event and they get denied, I plan on using 2 of my sick days. Can I get in trouble for this?
They won't like you much after that. If you haven't requested to use 2 of your personal days yet don't. Sick days are there for a reason. In time you'll learn that if you always let your supervisor know when and why you need time off and you are denied.....you'll learn to not let them know of your future obligations, if that makes sense.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If a personal gets denied it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm gonna call in that day anyway. I didn't request the day off because I didn't need it.

StoptheAct1212

You must have a attendance problem....
Or you really dont have days....

If you have family obligations and you have days... they need to respect that....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You might twist your back at work and need a few days off to heal? Who knows?

ManInBrown

If you're worried about any repercussions, don't even request to use the days if you think there's any shot it gets denied. Just call off. If it was me I wouldn't care. If they were denied I'd just call out.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you're worried about any repercussions, don't even request to use the days if you think there's any shot it gets denied. Just call off. If it was me I wouldn't care. If they were denied I'd just call out.
Sadly that is the way to do it. You can get screwed for trying to be a nice guy and letting them know in advance so you are stuck calling in and leaving them scrambling to cover your route.

over9five

Staff member
If a personal gets denied it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm gonna call in that day anyway. I didn't request the day off because I didn't need it.
This for me too. HOWEVER, since I've been in Feeders, I've never once been denied a requested day off.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch

If you WANT a day off then use a personal day. If you NEED a day of call in sick.