If Ups cuts 4 year progression for ft rcpd how would you vote?

Oceanview

Just curious if any one knows how many people are still in there 4 year progression as a rcpd? Maybe 30k or more?

What if, and I mean a big what if; ups said all current ft rcpd in progression is now top rate.. do you think with that change this current contract would pass??

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What if UPS didn’t violate the contract daily? What if we raised compensation for management to entice drivers who know the system to make the jump? What if Harry Potter died and Voldemort ruled the world?

WTFm8

Don't see it happening so why ask? Like that's real far out there as far as a question.

My pay would double so I'd vote yes if I was guaranteed at least 2 full days a week hahaha

WTFm8

What if UPS didn’t violate the contract daily?

Not necisarily UPS tho. Management and supervisors are still just 'employees' and many are ignorant to company policies.

Most employers have such a high turnover/transfer rate that incoming management is quickly trained by leaving or remaining management and bad habits/incorrect info and contract 'violations' remain in practice.

Plus former management screwing with production numbers to make theirselves look good for a transfer/promotion/potential termination only screws up incoming by setting up for failure with unrealistic production standards and continuing to have PT supervisors working instead of hiring more potential bargining unit employees.

Oceanview

What if UPS didn’t violate the contract daily? What if we raised compensation for management to entice drivers who know the system to make the jump? What if Harry Potter died and Voldemort ruled the world?

What I asked isn’t to far out.. IMO I think if they added that in the contract then the contract would probably pass. Just think about it. Ups won’t be hiring any more rcpd after this contract so in 4 years all full time rcpd drivers will be at top rate and and other full time rcpd openings will go to the highest 22.4 driver . So ups offering top rate isn’t to crazy. Just a feeling I have...

Zowert

What I asked isn’t to far out.. IMO I think if they added that in the contract then the contract would probably pass. Just think about it. Ups won’t be hiring any more rcpd after this contract so in 4 years all full time rcpd drivers will be at top rate and and other full time rcpd openings will go to the highest 22.4 driver . So ups offering top rate isn’t to crazy. Just a feeling I have...

They will still need FT drivers. Just not nearly as many of them. Anyone who got hired on in the last year has joined a dying breed, if this contract gets signed.

Oceanview

They will still need FT drivers. Just not nearly as many of them. Anyone who got hired on in the last year has joined a dying breed, if this contract gets signed.

I agree it’s a dying breed, so why wouldn’t they let us tie the noose of greed to and around our own necks?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Asking them to honor the contract is a basic thing they can’t even manage to do.

JustDeliverIt

Just curious if any one knows how many people are still in there 4 year progression as a rcpd? Maybe 30k or more?

What if, and I mean a big what if; ups said all current ft rcpd in progression is now top rate.. do you think with that change this current contract would pass??

I have 3 years left in my progression. As nice as it would be, would still vote no. Need to fix the contract for everyone, not just one group so it slides through.