If You Are A Phillies Fan.....

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Go Phillies! Beat The Giants! Leave Mets Unknown!

Get Close.

Position feet.

Bend at Knees

Test Weight

Grab opposite corners

Lift with smooth and steady motion

Move feet; pivot or step.

Use existing equipment and facilities to assist with lift.

Liked this little ditty by C.Edwards (he claims to come up with stuff like this because ironically he feels he isn't "smart enough" to remember these lists. Really, C?)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Go Phillies! Beat The Giants! Leave Mets Unknown!

Get Close.

Position feet.

Bend at Knees

Test Weight

Grab opposite corners

Lift with smooth and steady motion

Move feet; pivot or step.

Use existing equipment and facilities to assist with lift.

Liked this little ditty by C.Edwards (he claims to come up with stuff like this because ironically he feels he isn't "smart enough" to remember these lists. Really, C?)

Reality is that he isn't smart enough to know that he doesn't have to remember those lists.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Reality is that he isn't smart enough to know that he doesn't have to remember those lists.

C happens to be af the CHSP, so he kinda does. In regards to "having to know" the list, one of the main things i appreciate about UPS is it teaches us how to use our bodies effectively for physical work. Seeing as how people have even pulled back muscles picking up pennies, it pays not ignore what they ask us to do; why the fight? It won't kill us, who cares how hypocritical they can be when it comes to safety, I can use this to better and extend my life here and outside UPS. So much easier to focus on the good, ignore the evil.

I always enjoy shaking my head at people using back braces when doing heavy lifting; learning and applying proper ergonomic techniques, along with understanding why these techniques exist, I realize they are doing more harm to their backs than they realize. I wouldn't know this but for the fact that since I had to memorize the 8 keys, i figured I might as well find out why.

No, I think C is a very smart guy, nay, wise..