If you could do it all over again, would you?

LCM99

I worked preload last year for a few months as a secondary job but the hours got to be too much & the two jobs started to clash so I had to quit. I realize now that was a stupid move, the job I'm at (stayed at) isn't something I want to do forever & my college degree is pretty much worthless, so I'm back at square one & trying to figure out what to do with my life. I've been thinking about going back and seeing if I can get my old job back, I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

If you could do it all over again, would you still work at UPS? Do the pros outweigh the cons? Are you happy/content with your job?

Thanks for any replies, I appreciate it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Every situation is unique. You must figure this out on your own. With that said why not go back to part time it will likely be years before u have a shot at full time.

iruhnman630

No. I would've chosen a different college and pursued the medical field which caught my interest at a time I thought was too late in the game to pursue it. UPS would've been what I intended it to be: a big chunk of my ticket to something else.

Heck, before I bought my house last year I still had some crazy idea buried deep in my twisted mind of quitting and using all that house money I had and becoming the old guy in the classroom.

DS

Fenderbender
If your college degree is in social media...apply at google...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise here's the pros of ups.
Benefits
Good wage
Free workout
The Union:dissapointed:

Here's the con.
You will be a number producing number,
that will never be good enough for the rest of your life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If Google won't have you maybe Apple will.

Returntosender

No. I would've chosen a different college and pursued the medical field which caught my interest at a time I thought was too late in the game to pursue it. UPS would've been what I intended it to be: a big chunk of my ticket to something else.

Heck, before I bought my house last year I still had some crazy idea buried deep in my twisted mind of quitting and using all that house money I had and becoming the old guy in the classroom.
I know of two full time sups going back to school to get their bachelor's degree 40 year old plus.A few years ago a part-time sup was in med school and decided to quit cause got offered a fulltime offer running the hub in another city. Another sup who has masters in business and just back to school to learn computer science. You be surprised.how old guys/gals went back to school.

Dnking

FireFalcon
Ive been with UPS for 13 years part-time. UPS is all I know really. Its crazy when I see new hires. I can't see myself starting all over again knowing what I know now. I always wanted to be a firefighter. So to answer the question, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldve been a Firefighter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had to do it all over again I would have used my degree; however, that being said, UPS has been good to me and my family. I was able to help put both kids through college, take care of all of their medical issues, walk my daughter down the aisle and prepare for retirement.

UPS has changed and I would be hard-pressed to recommend this job.

Johney

Had a choice between the Sheriffs dept and UPS. Chose the later because it was way more $$ at the time. I am quite sure I made the wrong choice. My friend who started at the Sheriffs office 3 years after I started UPS is making almost as much an hour as me and his pension payout BLOWS mine away which by the way he will be retiring before me. oh and has never had an on the job injury,although they can be much worse than any of my injuries.:dead:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I worked preload last year for a few months as a secondary job but the hours got to be too much & the two jobs started to clash so I had to quit. I realize now that was a stupid move, the job I'm at (stayed at) isn't something I want to do forever & my college degree is pretty much worthless, so I'm back at square one & trying to figure out what to do with my life. I've been thinking about going back and seeing if I can get my old job back, I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

If you could do it all over again, would you still work at UPS? Do the pros outweigh the cons? Are you happy/content with your job?

Thanks for any replies, I appreciate it.

Weird, that is how I feel working for UPS.

stink219

If I could do it all over, I would only change one thing, I should have just paid the money instead of killing that hooker. Feels good to get it off my chest.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
If I could do it all over, I would only change one thing, I should have just paid the money instead of killing that hooker. Feels good to get it off my chest.
I hear that. Craigslist ads can be deceiving. Never know what your really getting into