If you don't Vote on Contracts or Vote in Union Elections

meritocracy

Apathy needs to be addressed, definitely. That said, I would rather have a lot of union members with the majority being apathetic and the minority being passionate than have a small number of union members who are all passionate.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You should be thrown out of the Union

I am sick and tired of all the apathy.

There is a reason the Teamsters are so weak.
Apathy on the part of the membership.

Maybe set up a rule that you have to be a dues paying member for one year before you are eligible to vote on a contract. None of this upsurge of temporary part time hiring just before a contract vote...

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I wasn’t working here while voting was going on for this contract. 2023 I’m kicking people in the nuts if they don’t vote at the start

542thruNthru

So you want even more "yes" votes? You know darn well those that don't care enough to even vote would be sure yes votes
I have to agree with this. Most that are not voting are the ones that have the "I just want to come in, work and go home." Mentally.

They are not going to vote no and will still bitch that the contract isn't perfect.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have to agree with this. Most that are not voting are the ones that have the "I just want to come in, work and go home." Mentally.

They are not going to vote no and will still bitch that the contract isn't perfect.
If you don't bother to vote you might as well be voting yes. It usually takes a majority voting no to reject it.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
What is a good resource for finding out unbiased facts and information on upcoming elections and contract voting? I'm an off the street hire for feeder last June.
I was hired in right before the election for the local and was rather put off by being barraged by coworkers I didn't know one bit just over the top telling me I needed to vote for one slate or the other because the other one effin sucked. In retrospect, I probably should have not voted as it was not an informed vote really. I don't want to make that mistake again.

PT Car Washer

Maybe set up a rule that you have to be a dues paying member for one year before you are eligible to vote on a contract. None of this upsurge of temporary part time hiring just before a contract vote...
Pretty sure that if a new PT goes to the effort to track down a Union official so he can have more money deducted from his paycheck every week, he is going to vote.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What is a good resource for finding out unbiased facts and information on upcoming elections and contract voting? I'm an off the street hire for feeder last June.
I was hired in right before the election for the local and was rather put off by being barraged by coworkers I didn't know one bit just over the top telling me I needed to vote for one slate or the other because the other one effin sucked. In retrospect, I probably should have not voted as it was not an informed vote really. I don't want to make that mistake again.

I would wait till the Teamster’s convention around the end of June, then maybe we might see their positions.

542thruNthru

There is no unbiased website. Your best bet is to talk to both side and ask questions. Then take what both tell you and ask more questions. Then verify for yourself through the contract, constitution and websites like this.

It's a lot of work but rule of thumb is, if it sounds to good to be true it's probably political spin.

Faceplanted

I don’t care anymore, I’m not voting for anything for the rest of my life. Have fun falling for the illusion of choice. There are more effective ways to better yourself and those you care about

542thruNthru

I don’t care anymore, I’m not voting for anything for the rest of my life. Have fun falling for the illusion of choice. There are more effective ways to better yourself and those you care about
Well you'll be retired and living on a beach before the next contract anyways so why would you.