If you think your having a bad day

chris9834

So they threw me back in warehouse because im a T.C.D. so ive been on nights for this past week and a couple days last week so I got my vacation posted for 1-10-14. Well I had to go in to speak with the center manager, and then he asked so how is your vacation, I said well ill let you know how it goes when I start it he looks at me and says what do you mean your on vacation this week I said no you said the 10th so it starts tomarrow. Then he started laughing he pulled out his book and showed me its the 10th I said I allready know that, then he points at the E/D and says "end day... So basically I worked my vacation and now im screwed. The only place ive ever worked at that considers vacation days by end days owell I guess all I got now is my option 3 days. Btw this is my 1st full year with UPS so know I didnt know. Thought I would share a screwed moment that would be funny to everyone else but me with yall enjoy, and enjoy yalls weekend looks like ill be back sunday night.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So they threw me back in warehouse because im a T.C.D. so ive been on nights for this past week and a couple days last week so I got my vacation posted for 1-10-14. Well I had to go in to speak with the center manager, and then he asked so how is your vacation, I said well ill let you know how it goes when I start it he looks at me and says what do you mean your on vacation this week I said no you said the 10th so it starts tomarrow. Then he started laughing he pulled out his book and showed me its the 10th I said I allready know that, then he points at the E/D and says "end day... So basically I worked my vacation and now im screwed. The only place ive ever worked at that considers vacation days by end days owell I guess all I got now is my option 3 days. Btw this is my 1st full year with UPS so know I didnt know. Thought I would share a screwed moment that would be funny to everyone else but me with yall enjoy, and enjoy yalls weekend looks like ill be back sunday night.
Well at least you will get a bigger bank deposit this week!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Bummer, dude.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1420827412.670077.jpg

chris9834

Ah....did you not get an extra check two weeks ago?
Yea I did which I heard way before hand that they do from a buddy, but I didnt think nothing of it I just kept saying where you at Jan 10th where you at. Well Jan 10th came and sailed lmao.

tarbar66

My wife always hated the week ending vacation dates! I tried to explain it to her like that is how the pay period ends, she still complained even when I got to six weeks. Get used to UPS.

PT Car Washer

Yea I did which I heard way before hand that they do from a buddy, but I didnt think nothing of it I just kept saying where you at Jan 10th where you at. Well Jan 10th came and sailed lmao.
I guess you are lucky they let you work your vacation. Extra money. A lot of times it is not allowed so I guess you got one over on your center manager.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You missed your vacation? Now that's a new one. Unique. See how management is? They told you on Friday. Learn something new everyday .

laffter

I don't think he's going to get extra money, he was already paid for this week as if he were here anyways.

He's going to receive a paycheck next Friday (for the hours he worked during his vacation week) that he otherwise would not be getting. That's extra money.

chris9834

My wife always hated the week ending vacation dates! I tried to explain it to her like that is how the pay period ends, she still complained even when I got to six weeks. Get used to UPS.
Lmao yea im sure ill laugh and remember this day every vacation for the rest of my life.

Bren_dan

I had a similar thing happen to me. But even stupider.

I randomly received a week's vacation pay at the end of 2014. But I didn't schedule a vacation and I was told I only had one week of vacation last year anyway, which I had used over the summer.

Apparently they told me wrong and the payment I received was for my unused week of vacation.

I was upset because they blatantly misinformed me, but I decided to let it slide because at the end of the day, I made more money this way. Just annoyed at the incredible lack of communication.