If you were CEO for a day what would you buy/

Salesguy

Sales Member
It's up to you today..
You are CEO of the day
:smart:
Where would you invest to grow the business?
Buy a corporate jet?
A UPS space shuttle?
Fire the loaders and take better japanees robots instead
Or something else?​

Leftinbuilding

I would give a VERY generous BUY-out to all hourlies with over 35 years. :happy2: After all, they were the ones that took UPS from limited -service-coverage within the USA, to worldwide service. Yep, I think a buyout would be appropriate. :happy-very:

Sammie

I'd buy ABC, CBS, PBS and NBC and fire everybody. Then I'd take care of the maids, butlers and drivers on my island and give what's left to you guys to invest for me...

satellitedriver

I would invest in fixing the on going "un-fixable" problems with PAS/EDD.
I would give myself a raise and a golden parachute.
I would tell everyone who does not agree with me, to pound sand.
Jokes aside,
I would wash the pkg cars daily.
I would provide crisp well made uniforms for all the drivers.
I would enforce appearance standards for all drivers.
I would target market advertising dollars in a 20/ 80 split.
20% for public image, 80% to those who actually ship pkgs.
I would not micromanage.
I would try to reinstate humanity, compassion and a true team spirit, tempered with the fact, we are in a competitive business.
I would have a Focus meeting with I.E. and have them explain how they have tried to change physical science, to meet realistic monetary goals.
I would try, and try again, to make this a growing, healthy company, then jump out of the plane with my golden parachute.

BrownBlue

New Jack
I would invite all the IE people over to my new house, and play Dungeons and Dragons with them, since I know they love fantasy worlds. Then, as the Dungeon Master, I would kill all their characters, and tell them to go back to the real world.:peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
I would give a VERY generous BUY-out to all hourlies with over 35 years. :happy2: After all, they were the ones that took UPS from limited -service-coverage within the USA, to worldwide service. Yep, I think a buyout would be appropriate. :happy-very:

You would need more help than just a buy out if your still working with over 35 years in:wink2: I'm thinking a session with a qualified shrink would be in order:happy-very:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would make sure every UPS driver had a uniform that fit and was actually UPS brown. Plus as a bonus, I would not give employees a hard time for getting replacements so we can look like we got it together.

PS >>> Plus X-large would not be a medium in the real world

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I would submit a systemwide order that helpers can be used yearlong, and that at the drivers discretion, can be sent home if not.
You would be able to use them for your whole shift without backlash from management.

UPS would advertise locally that if you need extra income come and show up early and hope you'd be picked to work with a UPS driver for a day. This would be a win-win situation for everyone.

yonnko

I would make all center managers and above come in to my office one by one and in five minutes or more, explain to me what the hell they could possibly be doing for 8 hrs a day five days a week and still have centers that run like kindergarten.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
I would make all center managers and above come in to my office one by one and in five minutes or more, explain to me what the hell they could possibly be doing for 8 hrs a day five days a week and still have centers that run like kindergarten.

If they are run like Kindergarten I want to know when my nap and cookie break are :happy-very:

And I think a PCM qualifies as story time...

I would submit a systemwide order that helpers can be used yearlong, and that at the drivers discretion, can be sent home if not.
You would be able to use them for your whole shift without backlash from management.

UPS would advertise locally that if you need extra income come and show up early and hope you'd be picked to work with a UPS driver for a day. This would be a win-win situation for everyone.

I, on the other hand, would submit a system wide order that NO helpers were to be used, PERIOD(with exception to peak season). All routes would be trimmed to a 8.5-9.0 planned day and the "allowances" would be fixed to reflect a real world time.

Year round helpers are not a win-win situation. For every two to three helpers (under your plan) there is a driver without a route to run.

I would also make sure the BD staff had enough people to actually spend some time signing up new customers, rather than just making useless phone calls or not contacting prospects at all.

one more thing. I would try to find a way to get next day air to the building at a time where the drivers would not spend half the day light hours waiting for late air.