If you're gonna tell me how to do the job, DON'T retire down here

FilingBluesFL

So I pull up to a crappy trailer the other day, in an all trailer park neighborhood.

A wonderful Northerner decides to come out and shirtlessly greet me.

"Hey, ya know you move 'bout fast as dem guys up in Michigan."

"What?"

"If it was me dooeen this route, Idda be done by now!"

"Oh, I see, well you're welcome to step up to the plate and take care of the rest of this yourself."

"Man, I'd have this done by 5pm, done by 5! This is so easy, so easy! I'dda be done by now! But now I'm retired, I got these problems with my shoulders and back, but I'd still be done!"

Ohhhh, I see. A runner gunner, who's now retired and has permanent physical problems, is going to tell ME, that he can do the job faster, and would be done by now... and is also bitching about being somewhat disabled from not working safe.

Nice job, dude.

Please, don't retire down here if you're gonna jive me for working safe so I don't end up all messed up and walking bent over at the end.

Seriously, go elsewhere.

I didn't think Dave was retired already.....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
retired people are the most boring. reliving their glory days. im in feeder so I have to listen to retired , obese, truckers telling me I couldn't do the job they did without power steering, engine brakes and everything else.

im never retiring. i'll retire from here but will continue working somewhere fun part-time.