Ignored while trying to get sig.

ups1990

Don't you hate it when, while at a stop, the person at the front desk ignores you. All we want is a signature for your delivery. I, can see waiting a few seconds if they are on the phone , but when they clearly ignore us, it's totally annoying.

When this happens to me, I, walk past the front desk and start to look for someone else to sign. This usually gets the attention of the front desk person. "Sir can I, help you."

Or I'll ask the office manager, who is authorized to sign for packages and point them out in front of me. So now they know, that I know, they can sign.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I hate it also. I had a pkg for Sonic one time, NDA. The mgr wasn't there at the time and everyone else ignored me. I left, sheeted it not ready. Unfortunately for the workers I knew where the mgr lived and delivered the pkg to her later in the day. I was never ignored again. LOL:happy-very:

OH, that is sooo aggravating, I really hate it when they ask me, "Can I help you?". No, I'm just browsing your office to see if I can find anything remotely interesting. HERE"S YOUR SIGN!

local804

You have to look at it in the point of the view of the customer. Most UPS ers have a ton of packages in the truck and can be a little rude at times. They have no idea what we do during the rest of the day. We all get paid by the hour so lets try not to be rude and service the customer that pays our salary. Patience...

disneyworld

It's the worst when the phone call is not even work related. I'll wait a minute or two then grab the pkg to leave-that usually gets the giddy up on.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Turn & Burn.till they learn!!! Hey I think I just created a new method rhyme!!!! How Do I Get This Copyrighted Mods???? LOL LOL

ups1990

You have to look at it in the point of the view of the customer. Most UPS ers have a ton of packages in the truck and can be a little rude at times. They have no idea what we do during the rest of the day. We all get paid by the hour so lets try not to be rude and service the customer that pays our salary. Patience...
I'ts not a question of being rude. We can go about obtaining a signature in a non-rude way(if you will). Yes, we get paid by the hour. How long should we wait for a sig. We can say to person. I, saw that you were busy, so I looked for someone else to sign. What we're trying to point to customers is a sence of urgency.

local804

I'ts not a question of being rude. We can go about obtaining a signature in a non-rude way(if you will). Yes, we get paid by the hour. How long should we wait for a sig. We can say to person. I, saw that you were busy, so I looked for someone else to sign. What we're trying to point to customers is a sence of urgency.

Sence of urgency? damn you sound just like a supervisor. People do not have to stop what they are doing just so you can run off a few more stops. You have to deal with these people everyday, try to be understanding. One poster said that the customer was on the phone and it wasnt work related, lol lol. Piss the customer off and he will have your ass waiting everyday, not just when he is busy. Most UPSers come off rude when they are in a rush, just ask your oms about the concerns.

Big Babooba

I generally play it by ear. If it's BS that they're engaged in- See Ya! If they're truly occupied with work related business, I'll wait. If she's really hot, I'll stay til closing time!:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sence of urgency? damn you sound just like a supervisor. People do not have to stop what they are doing just so you can run off a few more stops. You have to deal with these people everyday, try to be understanding. One poster said that the customer was on the phone and it wasnt work related, lol lol. Piss the customer off and he will have your ass waiting everyday, not just when he is busy. Most UPSers come off rude when they are in a rush, just ask your oms about the concerns.
And piss the driver off and that customer can start getting their pkgs at 5 mins til 5. It works both ways.

local804

And piss the driver off and that customer can start getting their pkgs at 5 mins til 5. It works both ways.

Then customer calls in a complaint and Jonny is delivering there first thing in the morning. The customer is always right in our bosses eyes and we are the ones providing the service. Im not saying grab a cup of coffee while you wait for a signature but some of these new drivers are rude and nasty as hell. If you have to piss in a bottle in your truck, I dont expect you to wait an extra 30 seconds for the lady to get off the phone.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And then they can start getting them from Fedex. I'm with 804 on this one, let the customer do their thing while you smile and wait patiently (getting paid by the hour). Once I've been on the route for more than a week or two I generally have them all sweetened up and eating out of my hand anyway. You catch a lot more flies with honey.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
And then they can start getting them from Fedex. I'm with 804 on this one, let the customer do their thing while you smile and wait patiently (getting paid by the hour). Once I've been on the route for more than a week or two I generally have them all sweetened up and eating out of my hand anyway. You catch a lot more flies with honey.

Be sure to bring extra honey for your manager when you get back to the center for when the screaming begins, too...He'll have this nice computer printout explaining why you took too long at the stop, but I'm sure explaining it nicely will work. Or the honey can be used as a lubricant.

I'd venture to say none of us mind waiting a few when the receptionist is busy - not wasting my time, I am paid by the hour - I only care because I'll get sh** for it.

helenofcalifornia

I think you should call yourself "Sweet Jones."

I agree that the driver should be patient and wait a "reasonable" time for a sig.. But I disagree that management will bend over backwards to keep that customer happy. My management team is more interested in under 9.5's than customer service. Keeping the client happy is pretty far down the list. That's why I try to put the 'S' back into UPS one stop at a time. (And is my work cut out for me after I come back from vaca!) Can we say kiss arse?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Be sure to bring extra honey for your manager when you get back to the center for when the screaming begins, too...He'll have this nice computer printout explaining why you took too long at the stop, but I'm sure explaining it nicely will work. Or the honey can be used as a lubricant.

I'd venture to say none of us mind waiting a few when the receptionist is busy - not wasting my time, I am paid by the hour - I only care because I'll get sh** for it.
You sure seem to have a lot of issues with management. I've been here a long time, way longer than you, and I strongly suspect I will be here after you're gone.
I've never been screamed at, I've never needed lubricant, and I've never had a problem explaining what happened on route on the notably few occasions that I've been asked. You sound like a major screw up at the game of life, which probably goes a long way to explaining why you are starting a new career so late in addition to paying alimony and child support. I'm sure you go through a lot of lubricant on a daily basis because you still can't figure out that your biggest problem is you.

helenofcalifornia said:
I think you should call yourself "Sweet Jones."
That's what my wife calls me :happy-very:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I've always felt that the moment someone starts a personal attack that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, I've already won & nothing more needs to be said.