Illegal Immigrant student faces deportation.

ups1990

http://www.ajc.com/news/illegal-students-face-dilemma-526754.html This young Women's sad story encompasses what I was trying relay in my "The American Dream" thread on latinos. Mexico, should make it very clear to its citizens about the dangers of crossing into the US, as it relates to having small children with them. The dream is for their kids to have a better life, but as this young lady will soon realize it was only a temporary "dream". Wouldn't be nice to keep this productive immigrant and exchange her for one of our many fellow lazy countryman? Now that is indeed a dream of mine.

brett636

Obviously she isn't that great of a human being if she ignores our laws. When she can follow our laws then she can return.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obviously she isn't that great of a human being if she ignores our laws. When she can follow our laws then she can return.

Using your logic half of the population of Albany, NY, should be deported. Why? Albany, NY, is (in)famous for drivers running red lights. One of the first things my daughter learned while going to college there was to slowly count to 3 when the light turned green before proceeding. Would you consider this to be ignoring our (traffic) laws?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Colotl’s legal problems started in late March when her car was stopped on the Kennesaw State campus.

Born in Mexico but living in the United States since she was 11, she could not produce a driver’s license, so she handed over as identification an expired passport from Mexico.
She was arrested the next day and turned over to immigration officials. She spent more than a month in the Etowah Detention Center in Alabama.
In a statement Wednesday night, Cobb County Sheriff Neil Warren said, “Ms. Colotl knew that she was in the United States without authority to be here and voluntarily chose to operate a vehicle without a driver’s license, which is a violation of Georgia law.

She has further complicated her situation with her blatant disregard for Georgia law by giving false information.”
Her troubles began March 29 when she was stopped on the KSU campus and charged with impeding the flow of traffic. She reportedly told the officer she had a Mexican driver’s license but could not find it; she offered him a Mexican passport that expired in August 2007 as identification. While driving without a license is a relatively minor offense, making a false statement is a felony with a maximum punishment of five years in prison and a $1,000 fine.
Nancy Bodiford, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office, said authorities were tipped off about the false address by a member of the media and that led to the arrest warrant. A reporter went to the residence listed on Colotl’s public booking records and discovered she did not live there.
University System spokesman John Millsaps with the university system said college applications ask about citizenship but there is no process for verifying it if the would-be students says they are a U.S. citizen. The question of immigration status becomes an issue only if a college applicant says he is from another country.

Out-state-students and exchange students pay four times the in-state rate and Colotl was assumed to be a Georgia resident because she graduated from a DeKalb County high school.
Colotl will now be charged out-of-state tuition.

ups1990

Obviously, you failed to read the part of her being 10 years old when she crossed illegally. How can a 10 year old ignore the laws of the USA? We can say her parents did ignore them and now she must pay for their ignorance.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think that her 3.8 grade avg says it all.
She isn't some hs dropout who can't read & write.
She had no license to drive, yet she did. And then lied about it. Do you still say that its her parents fault?

diesel96

http://www.ajc.com/news/illegal-students-face-dilemma-526754.html This young Women's sad story encompasses what I was trying relay in my "The American Dream" thread on latinos. Mexico, should make it very clear to its citizens about the dangers of crossing into the US, as it relates to having small children with them. The dream is for their kids to have a better life, but as this young lady will soon realize it was only a temporary "dream". Wouldn't be nice to keep this productive immigrant and exchange her for one of our many fellow lazy countryman? Now that is indeed a dream of mine.

Let's exchange her for one of our Business owners or CEO's who hire illegals and encourages more of them to cross the border illegally....

moreluck

golden ticket member
illegals commited a felony in coming here.....send them back!! There are proper routes to citizenship, no shortcuts!

wkmac

Obviously, you failed to read the part of her being 10 years old when she crossed illegally. How can a 10 year old ignore the laws of the USA? We can say her parents did ignore them and now she must pay for their ignorance.

ups,

Her deportation hearing has been placed far enough into the future that she will have time to complete her studies and get her degree before she has to face that. ICE agreed to a 1 year reprieve back in March to allow education completion when first alerted to her status and still maintain they will honor that agreement in light of her most recent arrest.

Now if you will excuse me I'm off to pop some popcorn and get a cold drink so I can kickback and watch the gnashing of teeth and wailing sure to come when some here see this news. Can I help it if I'm into human trainwrecks as a means of entertaining myself?
:happy-very:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
+1

Using your logic half of the population of Albany, NY, should be deported. Why? Albany, NY, is (in)famous for drivers running red lights. One of the first things my daughter learned while going to college there was to slowly count to 3 when the light turned green before proceeding. Would you consider this to be ignoring our (traffic) laws?
If you run a red light you can get a ticket if your caught (red light camera) or go to jail when you kill someone running the light. When your illegal our govt gives you healthcare, schooling, etc. If ICE actually catches you then you get 3 hots and a cot and and get a free ride back home...again if your caught.

Let's exchange her for one of our Business owners or CEO's who hire illegals and encourages more of them to cross the border illegally....

Is it that hard to come to the states on a work visa and get a job that way? Are there newspaper adds out there from companies asking people to come to America illegaly? The liberal way is to blame someone else. So by your logic its all the gun and ammo companies, knife companies, baseball bat companies that encourage killers to kill people? How about beer companies...should they be blamed for drinking and driving...or maybe for Klein getting fired from UPS? Maybe its OK in your mind for illegals to be here because one day they might be granted amnesty and that could be future votes to keep Liberals in power.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So she is driving around with no driver's license and insurance within 20 miles of me. No wonder my car insurance keeps going up for "uninsured motorists". She lies every time she is asked to give out any info. I'm not holding my breath that she will pay the out of state tuition rate she is supposed to either. I have two sons that have to have a driver's license, pay car insurance, and college tuition.

brett636

If those red light runners are caught and found to be illegally in this country then yes, they should be deported. Just like in the AZ law a person has to violate another law in order to be stopped and questioned, and even then a reasonable suspicion of that person's immigration status must be present in order for a further investigation to commence.

If she was such a great student then she should have known she was here illegally and at least attempted to pursue citizenship status. Obviously she may not have made the initial choice to come into this country illegally, but she knew her illegal status and chose to stay here anyway in violation of our laws. I have no sympathy.

bigbrownhen

How in the world did she get into college in the first place? What documents did she forge? She knew that she wasn't here legally. She was old enough to remember coming here, and bright enough to know how to cover it up when she was older.

Did her parents pay taxes? Has she recieved scholarship money? Or did she just skirt around the system by faking paper work and lying to get all she could get?

There are many students who actually have the right legally to whatever money she recieved or saved on tuition. Its not fair to them that she recieved any of this. Sorry. Bad luck that she wasn't born here or into a family that did all they could to become citizens legally.

Deport her and let her continue her education in her own country, or come here legally and get an education the old fashion way, EARN IT!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Lets exchange Obama for her since our govt encourages people to come to America illegaly for free healthcare and education.