should we deport illegal immigrants

• ship 'em out!

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • let them consume our resources!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watdaflock?

As soon as the funds for sanctuary cities are withheld it would pay for the construction of many walls.....then taxing the 'made in Mexico' products will pay the final bill.
And somebody smart will explain to Trump how it's fiscally unsound. New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco have already pledged to remain sanctuary cities.
It's Trumps first goose step towards his attempted big Government takeover. Sanctuary cities limit government officials from cooperating with federal immigration enforcement. Trump now wants to take hundreds of millions from more than 350 counties, cities and states that are so-called sanctuaries...?

As for taxing Mexico, it won't happen. Trump needs Congress' approval to impose tariffs on another country.

Who voted for this dictator again?

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If cities 'pledge' to remain sanctuary cities, then they can fund themselves. Without the buttload of money, their 'pledges' will go to hell.
Laws are to be enforced now!!!! 'Sanctuary' will fall upon the churches as in the past.
We have laws, enforce the ones we already have.....this is nothing new.

newfie

As for getting rid of the criminals; what do you recommend law enforcement do differently, than what they currently are? Who do you expect to pay for additional wall being put up?

you aware of Kate's law? too many of these criminals keep coming back across the border. Under Trump if they return they go to jail.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Trump should locate his jails for these border jumpers in the most harsh regions .
We have a lot of empty islands , just perfect for this use.
Just drop them on the island with the instructions that this is the only part of the USA they will ever see .
They will be the new pioneers who have to start from scratch to survive .

watdaflock?

If cities 'pledge' to remain sanctuary cities, then they can fund themselves. Without the buttload of money, their 'pledges' will go to hell.
That would be a brilliant political move by Trump. I'm sure his approval rating would go through the roof, suddenly stopping hundreds of millions in Government funds to our countries largest cities. What a brilliant idea!

watdaflock?

Trump should locate his jails for these border jumpers in the most harsh regions .
We have a lot of empty islands , just perfect for this use.
Just drop them on the island with the instructions that this is the only part of the USA they will ever see .
They will be the new pioneers who have to start from scratch to survive .
Somebody started drinking early this turkey day.

Just to play along, what islands do you have in mind?

newfie

That would be a brilliant political move by Trump. I'm sure his approval rating would go through the roof, suddenly stopping hundreds of millions in Government funds to our countries largest cities. What a brilliant idea!

If I was in one of those cities I would blame my local leadership not the guy enforcing federal law.

BrownArmy

If I was in one of those cities I would blame my local leadership not the guy enforcing federal law.

I'm near those cities, and truth be told, the cities I'm near are doing it right.

I don't blame their leadership, I endorse it.

In lieu of comprehensive Federal Immigration Legislation, what is the incentive for localities to act as the strong-arm of the federal system?

Get back to me with your position on states' rights.

Fenris

Yup. What is your opinion on for-profit prisons? Because if Kate's law ever comes about, we'll have about 60,000 more prisoners to pay for.

What is the issue with for profit prisons if they save the government (read us taxpayers) money? The real issue is why are we imprisoning so many people.

TheJerk

Porch Pirate
What is the issue with for profit prisons if they save the government (read us taxpayers) money? The real issue is why are we imprisoning so many people.

Illegal immigrants and criminals are still taking our jobs away while being locked up.(sarcasm) Why not force these corporations to pay american workers a real wage?

Fenris

Illegal immigrants and criminals are still taking our jobs away while being locked up.(sarcasm) Why not force these corporations to pay american workers a real wage?

Ignoring your strawman sarcasm, I couldn't make it too far into the video as it seemed agenda driven rather than fact based. After doing a Google search and looking at different viewpoints and data, it would appear that Governments still fall pray to lobbyists and can negotiate better deals - and quit turning everyone into criminals.
As I had stated, the real issue is still that we are imprisoning too many people (but not enough politicians.) If we didn't jail so many people, prison's wouldn't be a big business.

Yes, I believe government should be good stewards of the taxpayers' money and no, I don't believe they should force private companies to pay what a random person decides is a 'real wage'. It appears from another quick Google search that private prison workers make less than their public counterparts but make more than the national average for similar educational requirements.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Ignoring your strawman sarcasm, I couldn't make it too far into the video as it seemed agenda driven rather than fact based. After doing a Google search and looking at different viewpoints and data, it would appear that Governments still fall pray to lobbyists and can negotiate better deals - and quit turning everyone into criminals.
As I had stated, the real issue is still that we are imprisoning too many people (but not enough politicians.) If we didn't jail so many people, prison's wouldn't be a big business.

Yes, I believe government should be good stewards of the taxpayers' money and no, I don't believe they should force private companies to pay what a random person decides is a 'real wage'. It appears from another quick Google search that private prison workers make less than their public counterparts but make more than the national average for similar educational requirements.
charliebrown.jpg
....It's like stoking a pound with fish.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

you'r tax payer give them salaries , blame the shareholders or you may be holding one of the stock!?!