I'm 19 and have been with ups for 2 years

So I have been with ups for about two years now and I'm 19 years old I'm a local sort kid but I'm at the point where I don't know what's gonna benefit me more waiting about 3/4 more years to drive or go management at such a early age I'm not union at the moment either let me know what y'all think thanks

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Where does UPS hire 17 year olds, and how can you have two years in and not be a union member?

Just asking.

So I have been with ups for about two years now and I'm 19 years old I'm a local sort kid but I'm at the point where I don't know what's gonna benefit me more waiting about 3/4 more years to drive or go management at such a early age I'm not union at the moment either let me know what y'all think thanks
Show us a picture of your girlfriend and then we'll give you the advice.

I was hired In march of 2012 I worked half my junior year and my all of my senior year I make 11$/hr and that's me and my girlfriend of a year aha
image.jpg

PT Car Washer

I have known several people that started as young as 17. I would just hang out and maybe take a few classes just to stay busy. You can go into PT sup at any age. Check out how long it would take to go driving and keep your record clean. Right to work state means you do not have to join the union but receive all the benefits. Also called a scab.

I have known several people that started as young as 17. I would just hang out and maybe take a few classes just to stay busy. You can go into PT sup at any age. Check out how long it would take to go driving and keep your record clean. Right to work state means you do not have to join the union but receive all the benefits. Also called a scab.
I have had 2 speeding tickets but have been taken care of I was think starting at pt sup would be good because I am 19 I don't know all I do is drive to work do my job and leave I want to do what's going to benefit me amid future family the best and I plan on joining the union soon unless I go sup

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Seniority is King at UPS
If you started at 17 and continue doing labor for the company, RTW or not, you will put yourself in great shape to retire with dignity and a lot of money.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you go into management, your chances of going driving are very slim and has nothing to do with how long you have been with UPS.
Based on your posts here, you should probably stay hourly and go driving as soon as you can with a clear driving record.
I would suggest not joining the Union until you are making $15/hour as a P/T hourly or until you gain seniority as a driver.

If you go into management, your chances of going driving are very slim and has nothing to do with how long you have been with UPS.
Based on your posts here, you should probably stay hourly and go driving as soon as you can with a clear driving record.
I would suggest not joining the Union until you are making $15/hour as a P/T hourly or until you gain seniority as a driver.
Okay thank you!! I haven't joined yet cause I'm only making like 160$ a week which barley pays for gas hahaha

9.5er

I thought about going into management after about a year of loading trucks. Thought about it briefly. I decided to stick out the part time work and have now been a driver over 8 years. I was a Saturday air driver for 3 years and a Temp driver 2 years.
Stick to the part time hours and if you get the chance to be a Saturday driver jump on it.