I'm Done, Out On My Time

quad decade guy

If you had retired, would you and Wife both be subjected to the 250k limit in medical?
I really don't know. Ironic as I'm sitting in the Cancer treatment center now with my Wife. I don't know anything about retirement amounts or insurance. All I know is we don't get any medical except what we buy, of which that's what anyone could do.

rod

Retired 22 years
I really don't know. Ironic as I'm sitting in the Cancer treatment center now with my Wife. I don't know anything about retirement amounts or insurance. All I know is we don't get any medical except what we buy, of which that's what anyone could do.
How many years did you say you had in?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Oh, I've caught hell for continuing to work past thirty years on BC and at work. My first eight years were part time and didn't count towards a full thirty years pension. I have stated two or three times on here about my wife's condition to try to explain. I never posted her eyesight loss for sympathy, I was just trying to explain that we all don't have another income helping with finances. Some certain members and past members simply couldn't grasp that concept and I was accused of not being able to handle finances. I have done pretty well despite our circumstances. Some of my co-workers have wives that make more money than them, that's great. I always had planned to work until Social Security age if I could. I have always tried to take good care of myself and I used my seniority to stay on residential routes where I handled about 200 packages a day. I always took my hour lunch and I filed 9/5 grievances every time I was over dispatched. If you don't stand up for yourself than nobody is going to do it for you. We will still be on Teamcare until age 65 so you should get out like me. Going on Medicare and then buying a supplemental scares me with the way our national healthcare system is, Obamacare is the worst piece of legislation I have ever seen.
You don't have to answer to anyone . Certainly not to any of the clowns here including me.
You did what you felt was best for YOUR family.
That is what counts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How can you work somewhere for 40 years and have no idea what goes on

Boggles my mind

quad decade guy

How can you work somewhere for 40 years and have no idea what goes on

Boggles my mind
Simple. I don't dwell on it . I'm not ready to retire. Don't spend any energy worrying about it. Right now, it simply doesn't matter. I've got bigger concerns that require my efforts. I will survive and flourish as I always have. Whatever happens with "retirement". Whatever that means. The retirement calculator is impossible to use. The process is unbelievably difficult to access(relatively). Shrug. You can't call, you have to write a letter blah blah. Right now, simply doesn't matter. I've got plenty of stuff and money. You don't know me. Just hateful uneducated guesses. Stew in your awful self and keep clipping those coupons, eating your TV dinner. K?

And your boggled mind? Not a big stretch.