I'm getting my first tooth pulled in about 10 minutes

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, here`s something to read in the meantime while you wait :

[h=3]Dental Infections Caused From Dental Work Can Be Deadly[/h]
The infection in your mouth can be carried by the blood stream and lymph glands to your brain, your heart, and kidneys. It is a problem that can cause a hospital visit.

I have an older friend. He is in his late 60's. He had a mouth infection already, then went in for dental work. The dentist did not give him antibiotics and he did not take any herbs such as goldenseal or Oregano. The next day his face was swollen and he began vomiting. Two weeks later he is still in the hospital with a rampant systemic blood infection. He has a stomach tube and trach as well. He is critical and nearly died. This is something, all should be aware of before submitting to dental work...even cleaning. When dental work is done, bacteria is flushed into the system as they work on your mouth. This can be deadly.

Do not assume your dentist is going to protect you.....its up to you to do it! People often get sick after dental work and just let it go. It is just something they think is part of the visit. It is not. Let your dentist know you got sick after his dental work. If you nearly died, as my friend, sue them. They should not get away with that kind of care. With the new system, people are run through dental work like cattle. You are just another patient coming through. It is up to the patient to stand up against this kind of treatment

moreluck

golden ticket member
In "09 I was too sick to even think about a root canal that I needed. I had them before and they were OK, I just had more urgent things going on. So, I made the decision just to have it pulled. It wasn't in front or seen when I smile. It was the fastest, most painless procedure I've ever had. And, the surgeon was knock-out gorgeous. Just couldn't eat things like chips for awhile.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The dental surgeon asked what painkiller I had at home and I told him.....he said you have stronger than I was going to prescribe to you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Never have another one pulled!! If you get the right dentist, they can save anything. Seriously. You might have to have your benefit office figure out the particulars, but they can pre-approve even with out of network dentists. Then, you only have to pay the overage. Well worth saving your real teeth!!

Never have another one pulled!! If you get the right dentist, they can save anything. Seriously. You might have to have your benefit office figure out the particulars, but they can pre-approve even with out of network dentists. Then, you only have to pay the overage. Well worth saving your real teeth!!
This tooth had a root canal and then a crown. When they originally did it they told me it wouldn't be a forever fix. When I was younger I used to like to fight q LOT. One of those many times I was kicked in the head with a steel toe boot. It fractured my eye socket amongst other things and fractured some teeth. This one was not going to last.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This tooth had a root canal and then a crown. When they originally did it they told me it wouldn't be a forever fix. When I was younger I used to like to fight q LOT. One of those many times I was kicked in the head with a steel toe boot. It fractured my eye socket amongst other things and fractured some teeth. This one was not going to last.
My sister(older) tried to kick my butt one time. Broke my front tooth. Shattered. Installed a tooth and it lasted 2O-some years. New dentist( dr Tinelli) has same abilities. They can grind the tooth off, rebuild it, and make it look very real.