I'm guessing the keys were in it,lol.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
well this guy's out of a job - on multiple counts.

gotta love how everyone is relieved that no harm or delay came to the freight....How's the driver? - "oh who cares as long as my package got to me undamaged and on time!"

fedex_rtd

I work night sometimes, and a Ground driver would leave his truck ideling when he was doing deliveries in my neighborhood, until one day his keys ended up in the storm drain

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Why in the world would anyone leave their truck running? It's not your truck, who cares how many times the starter motor has to crank?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why in the world would anyone leave their truck running? It's not your truck, who cares how many times the starter motor has to crank?

If your Boss, Boris Badenoff, says to keep it running because the starter is weak or there's some other reason not to shut it down, you probably do as you're told. Ground is a haphazard, unsafe operation based on cutting costs to the bone.

CJinx

Ground is a haphazard, unsafe operation based on cutting costs to the bone.
Funny, we just did truck inspections and only 3 of 70+ vehicles failed... Damn those ISPs for thumping their marker lights with a stick so they come back on instead of immediately replacing them.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
If your Boss, Boris Badenoff, says to keep it running because the starter is weak or there's some other reason not to shut it down, you probably do as you're told. Ground is a haphazard, unsafe operation based on cutting costs to the bone.

Safe to say you're not a fan of Ground, right?

Sent using a Potato

overflowed

Funny, we just did truck inspections and only 3 of 70+ vehicles failed... Damn those ISPs for thumping their marker lights with a stick so they come back on instead of immediately replacing them.
BS on that one. I think if I looked at 70 ground trucks 90% would not pass inspection. On the leaving the trucks running deal, I've asked all the ground guys in my area and all of them look sheepish and embarrassed when I ask. All of them, this is three mind you, say their contractors tell them to. Too save the starter. Most retarded thing I've ever heard. Gas is still cheap at least right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BS on that one. I think if I looked at 70 ground trucks 90% would not pass inspection. On the leaving the trucks running deal, I've asked all the ground guys in my area and all of them look sheepish and embarrassed when I ask. All of them, this is three mind you, say their contractors tell them to. Too save the starter. Most retarded thing I've ever heard. Gas is still cheap at least right.

Agreed.

STFXG

Feel free to pull the roadside inspection info and prove your 90% bs. I'll do it for you...

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.as...napshot&query_param=USDOT&query_string=265752

Sent using BrownCafe App

overflowed

On another note I was talking about courier trucks. Not rigs. The only time your trucks get pulled are for speeding and leaving the keys in it and it gets stolen. What now?

STFXG

Just saying about the ones I see. Don't know about yours. That score doesnt mean hershey squirts though.
I couldn't agree more. But that's contradictory to what the general consensus is on the board. Seems to be an emphasis on grounds FMCSA scores around here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

And what exactly do you "see" wrong with the trucks around you? What is illegal that you "see" as you drive by them?

Sent using BrownCafe App

overflowed

I was exaggerating a little. My serious opinion from what I see? 30% . lights out for weeks. Bald ass tires. Exhaust smoking like a chimney about to blow. If I stop drinking I'll think of some more. But, like I said this is not a reflection on you. I always said you're honest right? I think you're as straight with you stuff as possible. You're the only contractor that routinely corrects Sammy boy. This says a lot.

bbsam

Staff member
Odd. Stxfg and I generally agree about most things. What does he correct me on? Or are you exaggerating again?

overflowed

Corrects you all the time, you just don't notice I guess Sam. I won't spend my time digging up your old posts. I don't care that much. He has though. The others do not. Like you say generally agree. He will correct you when you're wrong.

bbsam

Staff member
Corrects you all the time, you just don't notice I guess Sam. I won't spend my time digging up your old posts. I don't care that much. He has though. The others do not. Like you say generally agree. He will correct you when you're wrong.
if you mean he and I differ in opinion, yeah probably. That's to be expected. I don't see that as "correcting" me.