im having trouble parking the truck

kramer

any tips on parking the package cars. im not comfortable coming within centimeters of the pc next to me to park it, whats the trick to it because some people make it look easy and come so close to the other cars

Zowert

Exactly what brostalss said, practice. When I first started I remember being a little nervous just pulling out of the center in the morning, as the package cars are parked within inches of one another. But after a couple weeks it’s become so easy I wonder why I was so worried in the beginning.

Also, confidence. Be confident in your abilities. UPS wouldn’t have hired you if you couldn’t do it, just tell yourself “I got this” and get it done.

brostalss

any tips on parking the package cars. im not comfortable coming within centimeters of the pc next to me to park it, whats the trick to it because some people make it look easy and come so close to the other cars

Just wait until you need to back a 53' traier into a spot a 53' trailer has no business being in.:speechless:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It ain’t yours! You have to lose that little edge of fear, but still take pride in not hitting anything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just leave the truck a open spot. The car wash will move it later.

oldngray

nowhere special
The hardest part is finding reverse.

shifter.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Remember when the Spicer transmissions came out, you'd actually had to think about putting it in the correct gear.

When they first started testing those Spicers in package cars the drivers hated them. Mostly because they tended to explode on a regular basis.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Once you've scraped some paint and taken out a few mirrors, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Mr95list

If I don't have any space to get in, I'll park it In the middle and let car wash deal with it. Least that'll get them off their phones... They don't fuel the damn things anyway

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Practice is the only thing that'll make you better. Its a learned craft, and it's only gotten easier now that virtually the entire fleet has power steering.