I'm New Here. Advice Please??

So I just started working at UPS about a week and half now. I'm a preloader and im posting a new thread to see if anybody can give Me advice? Thank You In advance

barnyard

KTM rider
If only someone would have been thoughtful enough to sticky a thread just for noobs to read through. That would have made this thread pointless.

Oh, wait.....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Rude but fine I guess that serves me right for seeking advice from actual advice from real people :)

Not rude at all!

Look at the stickies at the top of this (Discussions) forum.

BTW, if you've only been working a week and a half, all you have to do is show up. Christmas Eve will be your last day.

Packmule

Okay some real advice. When you show up for work, no matter how easy the SPA system makes it look, clear your mind and focus. Mentally the job will cease to challenge you in about 5 minutes. After that, misload control is all about mind control. The instant you loose focus you'll be in the wrong truck--and drivers will quickly learn to hate you!
Have fun!

Okay some real advice. When you show up for work, no matter how easy the SPA system makes it look, clear your mind and focus. Mentally the job will cease to challenge you in about 5 minutes. After that, misload control is all about mind control. The instant you loose focus you'll be in the wrong truck--and drivers will quickly learn to hate you!
Have fun!
Thank you

blue741

Don't let your supervisors rush you. This is what I do, but it's my personal preference:
- Put small packages on the back of the shelf. Medium sized on the front. Big ones on the floor.
- Leave long packages outside till the end; this :censored2: is my bane.
- Write HIN numbers so you don't put stuff all over the place.
- If there's a lot of bulk, and there's room on the floor, put it there.
- Don't leave the shelves empty. If there's few 1000 items, move the 5000 forward. If there's nothing on the top shelve, move the bottom shelf items to the top. I swear management does a really :censored2:ty job of arranging items.
- If there's no room in the truck, leave the big-ass ones outside. Always have a clear walkway; safety first.

alwaysoverallowed

The Marines have hell week we have hell months(nov., dec. jan.), congrats and welcome(to both UPS and the cafe). Peak sucks it's the most stressful time of the year keep this in mind while working. This is why the underpaid pre load sup is about to have a nervous break down and why the driver your loading isn't going to bother to know your name. He/she is just going to bitch about the load because you're the only one who will listen. Just do your best and hang on until the end that's what the rest of us are doing.